Gmail Disabled?

Thread: Gmail Disabled?

Gmail Disabled?

Hey out there, has anyone else had their Gmail account disabled recently? I wasn't inactive and didn't do illegal things with it, and i wasn't past my space limit, so i am quite confused as to why this would happen. It has happend to several people i know in real life, and now am wondering has it happend to you? And if so, what did you do about it?
    Run, eat, swim, eat, sleep, eat, do it over!

Hi Minu,

Nope,
    how did you know they disabled it?
    Someone might changed your password and changed your profile details so you can't take back your password .... this is the first time I hear such a story....

Cheers
    \"The only truly secure system is one that is powered off, cast in a block of concrete and sealed in a lead-lined room with armed guards - and even then I have my doubts\".....Spaf
    Everytime I learn a new thing, I discover how ignorant I am.- ... Black Cluster

First I have heard anything about this also.

Perhaps you should contact gmail and question them.
    \"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand - strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!\"
    Author Unknown

Maybe ????

October 12, 2005 3:41 PM PDT

Google confirmed that an outage affected an unidentified number of Gmail users on Wednesday. "We are aware that a small percentage of Gmail users experienced issues earlier today. Access was quickly restored," Google said in an e-mail statement. Asked to elaborate, a company spokeswoman said: "We don't have additional details." The company experienced an outage to its Google Web sites in May
    http://news.com.com/2061-10812_3-589...4165&subj=news

I wonder if AO isn't having some problems too ?

Guests On Now: 48
    Members On Now: 3
    Total Users On Now: 51
    The past two night the numbers have just dropped, and climbed steadily back up. Haven't had any trouble myself though . .. .

No, i started experiencing problems monday night. I know my account was disabled because when i sign on it says "Your account has been disabled. If this should not have happend, pleace contact us at ..." and then gives an e-mail address which has an automated response. After searching for quite some time, i found a form to fill out thankfully, we'll see how long it takes for them to correct the problem.
    Run, eat, swim, eat, sleep, eat, do it over!