Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Metasploit Flash Tutorial

King Tutorial-ankhamun
    You said it oepned a shell on the other box, but iy did not work? I'm confused by your wording. Remeber, it won't work if it's patched against the exploit you try to use.

i think what he means is that the shell opened up on the other computer, not giving him any kind of remote control. So the exploit worked, but in order to do anything he'd have to be in front of the computer he was exploiting. kind of defeating the purpose.

I've been off the site for a few weeks didn't read this tutorial until right now. Well done as always IronGeek.

I have a question about the specific exploit used in the tutorial though....

... does that exploit the windows box being unpatched or the actual VNC server that you would need to be running to exploit the box? (keep in mind I haven't used an auditor cd in about 6 months, I haven't even seen this version being used here)

If it is exploiting the actual VNC server then would it matter if you patched the Windows?
    "Experience is the hardest teacher, it gives the test first and the lesson after." Anonymous

King Tutorial-ankhamun
    The payload puts a VNC server on the target computer, it does not need to be installed before hand.

Wow.. that's fast service only took about 2 minutes to get a response.

I didn't realize the server was remotely installed and started with the exploit I thought it had to be on the box already. I was thinking testing it myself on our machines that already have VNC on them, but being patched already, it wouldn't do much good I guess.
    "Experience is the hardest teacher, it gives the test first and the lesson after." Anonymous

Irongeek I love the video tuts, much better then that pesky reading way
    meh. -ech0.

I have gotten so much out of your tutorials and your website, I followed your advice earlier and tried out Auditor. I liked it so much that I installed it on my HD. You have shed a whole new light on linux for me and for that Thank You.

Hi VNX,

No offense intended but...you've been here since 2002...so you should be well aware of normal policy regarding re-opening old threads just to make comments with no substantial value to the discussion...

peace,

Eg

My bad, I've been locked up for a long time and just got out recently so I'm still trying to get back into the loop. My apologies!