Thread: confusion for supported mother board for a P4 processor

confusion for supported mother board for a P4 processor

i visited http://www.intel.com and i coudnt find out if the following processor supports D915GLVGL motherboard or not(or which motherboard) for this processor and if it has DDR2 ram and single core or dual core cos the info there is too complicated and im not that much known for hardware so this is the processor:

* Pentium 4 processor 630 (with Hyper Threading Technoloy)
    3.0 ghz 2mb cache (900 mhz) ,architecture:LGA775

any help would be more than enough appreciated
    PARENTAL ADVISORY-- learning too much!!! --PARENTAL ADVISORY

Re: confusion for supported mother board for a P4 processor

*** edit I don't really get what your asking in the rest, but I may have misunderstood.

Originally posted here by hellcore
    i visited http://www.intel.com and i coudnt find out if the following processor supports D915GLVGL motherboard or not(or which motherboard) for this processor and if it has DDR2 ram and single core or dual core cos the info there is too complicated and im not that much known for hardware so this is the processor:

* Pentium 4 processor 630 (with Hyper Threading Technoloy)
    3.0 ghz 2mb cache (900 mhz) ,architecture:LGA775

any help would be more than enough appreciated
    "(900MHz)" ?????????

You mean 800MHz? Do you have the box on hand?

Your board says this.
    Features & Specifications: Form Factor: microATX (9.60 inches by 9.60 inches [243.84 mm by 243.84 mm]). Processor: Support for an Intel Pentium 4 processor in an LGA775 socket with a 533/800 MHz system bus, Support for an Intel Celeron D processor in an LGA775 socket with a 533 MHz system bus. Memory: Four DDR SDRAM DIMM sockets, Support for DDR 400 MHz and DDR 333 MHz DIMMs, Support for up to 4 GB of system memory. Chipset: Intel 915GL Chipset.
    What type of activity are you going to be doing with the board? I don't approve of Intel boards only chipsets.

That 6XX series pressy is guaranteed to be the latest stepping. For it will clock out of this world on just stock HSF (air) with no v-core changed. That's if you want to get a good board like Asus P5WD2 or if you're on a budget Abit AA8XE or an Abit AS8 hybrid. What's your budget and activity?

AFLAAACKKK!!
    So by the info that !mitationRust has provided, and assuming you mean 800 mhz fsb, the processor should be compatible with the mobo... and I don't approve of Intel boards either... Try to avoid them... Chipsets are good though... Damn, I pulled a katja, I just repeated what !mitationRust said but in a different way ...
    I am the uber duck!!1
    Proxy Tools

Originally posted here by The Duck
    Damn, I pulled a katja, I just repeated what !mitationRust said but in a different way...
    Its OK we are used to it by now

I gotta agree with wht has been said about intel boards, think they are more of an after thought for intel! Have never had a good thing to say about them!

AFLAAACKKK!!
    Not to mention their harder to get information on them because you have to type out some cryptic code in google to get info... like "intel kdkow32d2fgfsd3sdl motherboard"... lol
    I am the uber duck!!1
    Proxy Tools

so u guys r talking about "asus being better"...if im not right?
    PARENTAL ADVISORY-- learning too much!!! --PARENTAL ADVISORY

AFLAAACKKK!!
    anything is better then intel mobo's, asus, MSI, any brand with a good rep...
    I am the uber duck!!1
    Proxy Tools

just go ahead and processor will run. take it for sure!!!
    Either you know the soln, or u don\'t

Hari~ I don't think you quite understand?

The question is one of matching...............low performance processor in high performance motherboard = low performance and waste of money. The same the other way round.

The mere fact that "it will run" is not the issue I feel, it is more one of value for money and suitability.

AFLAAACKKK!!
    Well, personally I think it's an ok match, the processor is good, the mobo could be better, but it will be fine until you find a better mobo to replace the intel mobo with...
    I am the uber duck!!1
    Proxy Tools