Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Crossfire

Crossfire

Synonymous ....... with....... this

Frustrated Mad Scientist
    In my head that's what I drive. Reality is somewhat different (reality)

I can't honestly see why many people would elect to have two very expensive loud and hot gfx cards in their box unless they really do have money to burn. There are gamers and gamers I suppose.

A year or two and the technology will have moved on with a more elegent solution. Remember seperate 3Dfx cards. That didn't last long either.

<edit>Or maybe just an hour or 2:http://www.hexus.net/content/item.php?item=3654
    Not any cheaper but better than 2 cards for space etc.

The new physics processing chips look interesting though.

I'll be glad when everything is integrated, if it's done right. That way I just buy the best board I want. Only buy from the board companies that are doing it right. I can feel another golden age of physics coming on. The real golden age of computer technology is among us, I can feel the radiation carrying the yottabytes now!

Those cards are $440 a pop. Working in tandem almost in SLI mode. Let us pay homage now, but wait untill the price drops again to buy.

In my head that's what I drive
    Aspman old chap............get married............they drive and you only have to buy them a new one every couple of years?

I plan on getting an SLi or Crossfire ready motherboard but only have one vid card to start around christmas.

New PSU and Hard Drive should be here on monday. 300GB sata, 600W enermax.
    [H]ard|OCP <--Best hardware/gaming news out there--|
    pwned.nl <--Gamers will love this one --|
    Light a man a fire and you\'ll keep him warm for a day, Light a man ON fire and you\'ll keep him warm the rest of his life.

Grunt,

What are you going to be building when it arrives? Post some specs. Are you overclocking anything? Sorry for being inquisitive, it's just that I get excited when people buy new hardware. Nothing like the sound of a UPS truck. Or FedX knocking on the door a day early. FedX moves on saturdays.

Personally I don't care for enermax but this is from my exp in 2004. They would puss out with a droopy 12v in the face of a decent CPU load. But their newer models have been well received by some people I know. But you might not be OCing anything.

frag out

AFLAAACKKK!!
    I'll be glad when everything is integrated, if it's done right. That way I just buy the best board I want. Only buy from the board companies that are doing it right. I can feel another golden age of physics coming on. The real golden age of computer technology is among us, I can feel the radiation carrying the yottabytes now!
    agh! That would make troubleshooting a bitch... Everything onboard?? That means one thing goes out and you have to get a whole new board, very expensive!

As for me, I'll stick with agp for at least 2-3 more years, assuming it survives that long...
    I am the uber duck!!1
    Proxy Tools

I'm getting an AMD 64, Possibly an X2 if they have dropped enough by the time I'm buying. SLI ready mobo but I'll start with just one video card, since that'll be half the price of the computer. RAM will depend entirely on pricing at the time, I may end up starting with just 512.

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...091&CatId=1483
    PSU

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...Sku=THD-300M16
    HDD

Should be a fairly large jump from my current setup, so I will be happy with pretty much whatever I end up with.
    Light a man a fire and you\'ll keep him warm for a day, Light a man ON fire and you\'ll keep him warm the rest of his life.

See some people renounce Tiger, but I've been ordering from them for years. Sometimes they just have these crazy deals on stuff. Still a lot of their stuff is overpriced, then add shipping. I've moved a lot of my business over to zipzoomfly whenever I can. They were known as googlegear. They've been having this special for a while now *** Free 2nd Day *** FedEx. And their prices are lower on a lot of stuff too.

Is this the same PSU as yours? http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/Produc...e=pricegrabber

A lot of PSU makers put out bogus ratings. Like yours says 600W when its MAX is only 420W, it should be a crime.

On that HDD about that rebate: This is where everyone has beef with Tiger, their rebates take forever and that one ends quick bra. I bought two exact soyo mobos 3 years ago that had $30 rebates and I didn't read the very fine print where it said one rebate per household. That rebate took a little over two months to receive.

If the rebate actually takes that long, I will probably not order from them again. I usually order stuff from newegg.com. I have never had any problems with them and my stuff usually gets here within 2 days because they are in memphis.

I think that is the same PSU.