Thread: Overland backup

Overland backup

wow!

i cant believe what i jus got for free and in complete working order. Today i went to deliver a part for this place i work and i asked the manager if he happened to know of any old computers that they might want to get rid of.... he shook his head yes and pointed over to a fairly older Overland backup server.... he said that it had been siting around for months and he didnt know what to do with it so i said id take it.
    NEWAYS...
    i found out that it uses DLT tape and has 10 slots with tapes alreay in it!!! and that the tapes hold 80GB of compressed storage !!! thats 800GB in all! so i brought it home and plugged it in and it seems to work fine. my problem is it uses scsi interface and i dont know how to hook it up and use it..... also anybody know how much somehting like this might be worth??

thanks for any info on this whatsoever!!!!
    i dont know help me

AOs Resident Troll
    Most SCSI adapter cards have an external link...so you need to go to the vendors site

http://http://www.overlandstorage.com/

google has the answers

And type in the model, find the manual...and then go buy a scsi controller that will work with the device...install it on the computer\server, hook up the cable from your scsi controller to the backup devce ...and start to backup using either the native packup program...or a third party app.

....is that what you are asking???

Sounds like a good score......not warm is it

MLF
    How people treat you is their karma- how you react is yours-Wayne Dyer

thanks

hay thanks alot for the info!! i did what u said and now i got a scsi controller on its way.... i really hope its not warm .... but the way the guy was talkin it had been sitten around for a while.... i cant wait to fond out what, if any, data is on it ........ il let yah know when i find out. So thanks alot for the reply and help... this is proly my favorite website and forum now! lol lata
    i dont know help me