Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: McDonald's praised for happy cows

McDonald's praised for happy cows

I promise after this I will start posting in some of the other forums and be usefull.

Heres the source
    I have to admit i thought is was funny at first, thoughts of the returant at the end of the universe kept running through my mind.
    "Hello sir I am your meal for the night. I would suggest a nice piece or sirloin. Do you want to touch me to see how firm I am."
    But after reading it fully it makes a bit more sense. In any case here is the story ....

Burger giant McDonald's has won an award for its humane animal treatment.
    Firms which promote better treatment of animals were recognised this week at the RSPCA's first Alternative Awards held at the Natural History Museum.
    McDonald's was praised for changing egg suppliers to those that use only free range eggs, and its cattle handling standards also drew RSPCA plaudits.
    Now McDonald's can use the RSPCA's logo to identify it as a business committed to higher welfare standards.

'Blazing a trail'
    Awards were presented to the country's best achievers in the treatment of animals category.
    The important thing is not that you're killing the cattle, it's how you're actually killing the cattle

David Bowles, RSPCA
    Other companies awarded were Waitrose, Marks & Spencer, The Body Shop, Lush, Neal's Yard Remedies, Norfolk food retailer Samphire and the Owl and the Pussycat Restaurant in Teignmouth, Devon.
    "These companies are blazing a trail for animal welfare by putting kindness and social responsibility at the heart of their business model," said RSPCA director general, Jackie Ballard.
    "Each of these award winners have demonstrated their commitment to combat cruel practice, and for that we applaud them."

'Killing cattle'
    The world's oldest animal welfare charity insisted there was no discrepancy between McDonald's beef burgers lying inside a sesame seed bun, and animal welfare.
    "The important thing is not that you're killing the cattle, it's how you're actually killing the cattle," David Bowles, head of external affairs at the RSPCA, told the BBC.
    "The RSPCA is not a vegetarian organisation. The RSPCA is an organisation that is there to improve animal welfare."

Not only do McDonald's use free range eggs in their buns, they also use them in their mayonnaise "which is very important" said the RSPCA.
    If companies are serious about animal welfare it could help boost the profits as consumer pressure grows for firms to act more humanely towards the animal kingdom, it said.
    \"America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.\"
    \"The reason we are so pleased to find other people\'s secrets is that it distracts public attention from our own.\"
    Oscar Wilde(1854-1900)

Banned
    Well, with the McDonalds hamburgers you'll never know what part of the cow you're eating anyways. There are many parts that people won't buy in the shop but by grinding it to small pieces and then shaping it in the shape of a hamburger, cow brains and udders never looked more attractive for many people anyways. (Glad I'm a vegetarian.)

(Glad I'm a vegetarian.)
    I think Vegetarianism causes you to develop vitamin deficiencies.
    For example, if I don't get meat at least once a month, I have to
    eat a pretty girl instead.
    I came in to the world with nothing. I still have most of it.

Katja: I know a few farmers, and have watched a wheat harvest...if you know the shear number of small critters (mice, voles ect) that just get thrashed up with the grain you would relise that while you call yourself a vegitarian you are still eating meat.
    Who is more trustworthy then all of the gurus or Buddha’s?

bballad, G1.

If you eat any where or any food you don't process yourself.... your hands or at the mercy of someone who doesn't give a rats ass what they do or who they piss of most of the time. So just raise a glass to "risk" and don't worry about it.
    West of House
    You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
    There is a small mailbox here.

I don't like fast food because I always get this thought in the back of my head that some teen just dropped me a massive dose of LSD. The side affects of LSD, enough of my little pseudo trips. It will be better for my heart in the long run anyway.

Originally posted here by RoadClosed
    bballad, G1.

If you eat any where or any food you don't process yourself.... your hands or at the mercy of someone who doesn't give a rats ass what they do or who they piss of most of the time. So just raise a glass to "risk" and don't worry about it.
    Heh, rats ass. sorry. Stupid pun.
    [H]ard|OCP <--Best hardware/gaming news out there--|
    pwned.nl <--Gamers will love this one --|
    Light a man a fire and you\'ll keep him warm for a day, Light a man ON fire and you\'ll keep him warm the rest of his life.

What about the people that go into McDolands and act like they should be treated as if they are eating at The Rainbow Room or some other 5 star restaurant. I don't care if my hamburger tastes like ****, I go away smiling. Ever looked back there at whos cooking your food. Can you say hocker, or stink palm. Ack.
    West of House
    You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
    There is a small mailbox here.

AO's Resident Redneck The Texan's Avatar
    Have you seen that commercial " California cows are happy cows and happy cow make good cheese?" I just thought of that.... and btw at mickey D's i only like their fries and milk shakes.. i dont touch anything else cept for their "chicken" strips sometimes. but i do love burgers just not at Mcdonalds lol
    Git R Dun - Ty
    A tribe is wanted

I really am a meat lover and i have had my fair share of dissapointments but still"MEAT IS GREAT"So i suppose it is chance we have to take..I am 44 now and still going strong.
    Practise what you preach.