Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: how to find xp login password *.pwl files

Banned

how to find xp login password *.pwl files

how to find *.pwl in xp using dos

if there was such a thing as a pwl file in XP you could:

cd \
    dir /s *pwl
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

AFAIK there is no .pwl file....................Windows 2000 and XP use a different security model?

Sandeshtrivedi - Xp uses .SAM not. PWL. This is probably whay you cant find them!!

Greeting's

I am sorry if i sound rude here. I do agree and stand by the fact that new users should not be flamed and directly given negative point's hence I have not done that (actually i have never given a negative point) but anyway besides that.

sandeshtrivedi I am sorry to say this but out of 8 total post's that you have put up none of them are meaningful. For example this one. I really would like to know why do you want the *.pwl of windows XP. I am sure its not for the right reasons. but forgetting the reason's I think it is every users responsibility to do at least some research before posting (don't take me wrong even my first posts were questions asked many time's on this site and first in the results on the google.com) but seriously sandeshtrivedi please either make your posts more meaning full or try to understand that stealing a pwl file and cracking it does not make you a hacker or a cracker its make's you a lame user, and I don't think you want to be that.

I don't want to make much fuss about you but please take this as an *positive advise*. Ask questions that give's you the importance and working of pwl files rather then how to copy it (and then in next thread ask us how to crack it).

Learn and acquire knowledge it will go a long way rather then downloading a free cracker (which mostly will be a trojan) and using it.

Science is "WHY" and not "HOW". With how you will never progress.

Have a nice day.
    Parth Maniar,
    CISSP, CISM, CISA, SSCP

*Thank you GOD*

Greater the Difficulty, SWEETER the Victory.

Believe in yourself.

ByTeWrangler is right, you need to be more specific regarding what you are trying to do.

It is not common practice to attempt to crack Windows XP passwords, you normally reset them. To this end you should have created a recovery disk.

Re: how to find xp login password *.pwl files

Originally posted here by sandeshtrivedi
    To find them:

Uninstall XP ...
    Install Win 9x/ME ...
    Enjoy weak password hashing ....

A batch file can do it! copy them to your Floppy ...

Code:
    @echo off
    copy c:\windows\*.pwl A:\
    exit
    Cheers
    \"The only truly secure system is one that is powered off, cast in a block of concrete and sealed in a lead-lined room with armed guards - and even then I have my doubts\".....Spaf
    Everytime I learn a new thing, I discover how ignorant I am.- ... Black Cluster

Re: how to find xp login password *.pwl files

Originally posted here by sandeshtrivedi
    XP ......dos there is no such thing in XP.
    Code:
    ver
    Yeah, and try to make these files too and see what happens.
    Code:
    CON, PRN, AUX, CLOCK$, NUL, COM1, COM2, COM3, COM4, COM5, COM6, COM7, COM8, COM9, LPT1, LPT2, LPT3, LPT4, LPT5, LPT6, LPT7, LPT8, and LPT9.
    Code:
    rtfm
    emulator only

Hello Guys,

You Can find the SAM files in windows 2000/XP in the C:\WINDOWS\system32\config folder.

If you delete the *.sam files (I have tried it on win 2000), its will reset the user accounts and passwords, so you will have only the default administrator a/c with no password (as a fresh windows instalment).

Regards
    The FACT that people ignore FACTS
    doesnt mean that FACTS are not FACTS

Banned
    Originally posted here by ByTeWrangler
    Greeting's

I am sorry if i sound rude here. I do agree and stand by the fact that new users should not be flamed and directly given negative point's hence I have not done that (actually i have never given a negative point) but anyway besides that.

sandeshtrivedi I am sorry to say this but out of 8 total post's that you have put up none of them are meaningful. For example this one. I really would like to know why do you want the *.pwl of windows XP. I am sure its not for the right reasons. but forgetting the reason's I think it is every users responsibility to do at least some research before posting (don't take me wrong even my first posts were questions asked many time's on this site and first in the results on the google.com) but seriously sandeshtrivedi please either make your posts more meaning full or try to understand that stealing a pwl file and cracking it does not make you a hacker or a cracker its make's you a lame user, and I don't think you want to be that.

I don't want to make much fuss about you but please take this as an *positive advise*. Ask questions that give's you the importance and working of pwl files rather then how to copy it (and then in next thread ask us how to crack it).

Learn and acquire knowledge it will go a long way rather then downloading a free cracker (which mostly will be a trojan) and using it.

Science is "WHY" and not "HOW". With how you will never progress.

Have a nice day.

people i m just trying to know my computer and i m no **** thinking about become a hacker or some **** like cracker.i do respect hacker and so i dont wanna do some **** like cracking other pcs password.and i m not asking to give me a software to crack passwords.i actually want to know about my pc from scratch and i can start from any point.is it wrong to know more things about computer or it makes oneself a hacker.u people talk like u have half knowledge about this field.u all r talking wrong.this is not the way one should respond to a guy who wants to know something for his own satisfaction and not becoming a hacker.and if u cant help keep ur a*s outta this thread