Thread: website templates in blogs

website templates in blogs

OK...here's the scoop...

I joined a couple blog forums to learn about blogs...I was told the blogspot was not compatible with regular website templates...that the only templates you could use were ones designed with blogspot in mind...

OK...time to test their theory...

I downloaded a regular HTML website template...made a few modifications to the index in an editor...uploaded all images to imageshack...transferred the index to a blog and started to place the images one by one into the index...

still...

there was no place to post...so...I copied all the necessary info from another blog and then proceeded to figure out where to place it...

question 1. now...I linked a couple of the places for links to other blogs...but...then I lost the color ' white ' ( see Egalitarian Graphics and the Fox House )...how can I restore the color ( white )to those so you can see them again?

question 2. how can I alter the post information to make it so it's like this post thingy I'm using now...non-moving box that scrolls?

http://testtwoblog.blogspot.com/

Now...you're probably wondering...why bother???...why not save the hassle and just get a website???...because I see this as a learning process...

thanks,

Eg

Banned
    add:

a.white_link:link {color:rgb(255,255,255)}
    a.white_link:visited{color:rgb(whatever)}
    a.white_link:hover{color:rgb(whatever)}

to your stylesheet.

and then add class="white_link" to whatever links you want to be white
    or just:

a {color:rgb(255,255,255)}

to your stylesheet for all links to be white all the time.

I don't understand your second question.

cheers,

catch

Hi catch.

Thanks!

Second question...I want to alter the post area to a box like this reply box ( Your Reply ) I'm using now and still have it compatible with blogger.

Eg

Banned
    The text area in the reply on the AO site is this:

<textarea name="message" rows="20" cols="100" wrap="virtual" tabindex="2" onChange=getActiveText(this) onclick=getActiveText(this)></textarea>

with this in the style sheet:
    BODY {
    SCROLLBAR-BASE-COLOR: #2962B4;
    SCROLLBAR-ARROW-COLOR: #FFFFFF
    }
    TEXTAREA, .bginput {
    FONT-SIZE: 12px;
    FONT-FAMILY: Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif;
    COLOR: #000000;
    BACKGROUND-COLOR: #CFCFCF
    }

So long as your form points to the right place and the name is correct, i don't see how it wouldn't be compatible with your blog.

Also, another tip... for duplicate images... always use the same file. It seems that you have in your active images, the same images with different names. This means that the browser needs t open a different socket for each and every unique object that it downloads, so if you just use the same image a heap of times, the page will download faster and those rollover transtions will be more instant.

cheers,

catch

Hi catch,

Thank-you again! Much appreciated!

Eg