Thread: MySql AHHH~

MySql AHHH~

Im tryin to move our forums. I got a full sql backup and I restored it. Now look! http://www.xisclan.com/forum

Um?

Well some more information would help... but my best guess is that the mysql user tables have not been properly set up yet.

Open up a mysql session and
    Code:
     SET PASSWORD FOR 'xisclan_phpbb1'@'localhost' = PASSWORD('somepassword');
    Where 'somepassword' is the password you are currently using in the config files to access the forum database.

This should allow access to the user you need in order to access the database. It would seem that the user permissions are not in this table. This statement should put them there. This would happen if you backed up the forum database and not the user database, deleted everything, and then restored only the forum database. You would be missing the mysql user database which holds all the permissions required to access all the other databases (if that makes any sense...)

But beyond that, more information is needed to help solve your problem.
    Government is like fire - a handy servant, but a dangerous master - George Washington
    Government is not reason, it is not eloquence - it is force. - George Washington.

Join the UnError community!

The thing is, I have no idea how to do that :-X

I have Cpanel access and Ftp Access. No telnet...

And the guy said it was a full Sql backup and there were no other backups he could make but I thought there usually was a seperate one for files?

It's probably as Striek says just a question of setting it up right.

I could do it for you - if you would grant me access. You would of course have to trust me

Lmao erik but I fixed the first part it was in teh config.php the user error

Great! You still got some

Warning: mysql_error(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL.....

errors to fix though. One thing to do is always to (just a sketch):

$result=mysql_query("SELECT .....") or die(mysql_error());

This would tell you more of what went wrong.

Get a copy of "/home/xisclan/public_html/forum/db/mysql4.php" and attach it here. I'll have a look at it and see if I can figure out what's causing the error.

I think though, that the problem is worse now. At least before you were getting a valid connection to the database, just that the user you were connecting as was being denied access. Now you can't even connect... buit then again it may in fact be better than before.

But unfortunately nobody can help you at this point without a copy of the configuration file, or at least the offending lines. I would post the two lines causing the error and attach the configuration file to the post. Just be sure to scrub the file for passwords. Then hopefully we can figure it out.
    Government is like fire - a handy servant, but a dangerous master - George Washington
    Government is not reason, it is not eloquence - it is force. - George Washington.

Join the UnError community!