Thread: yahoo messanger

yahoo messanger

got somebody whos tried to defraud me of money. they have been talking to me through yahoo messanger and email. whenever i track the email to source i only get as far as the last server to forward the mail on. can anybody tell me if there is a program out there that will alow me to track messanger back to its source so i can inform the police of there where abouts cheers.

Inform the police, and they will take care of it!
    Don't bother!
    \"The only truly secure system is one that is powered off, cast in a block of concrete and sealed in a lead-lined room with armed guards - and even then I have my doubts\".....Spaf
    Everytime I learn a new thing, I discover how ignorant I am.- ... Black Cluster

i only get as far as the last server to forward the mail on
    That is all you will do.............I have a program that changes my proxy every 30 seconds, it even checks out the top 100 fastest and only uses those............you would never find me.

I have an e-mail account in Hanoi (SAM City).............do you think that they would co-operate with the FEDs?

If they want you to send them money ask them for an account number and bank..............that would be a pretty good start?

Is the sum of money over $5,000 (US)? if not, I am afraid that the FEDs will not be interested

The only method I can think of is when you are chatting online. If you can persuade them to download a file you will be able to trace them that way. I would get your police to do that though

As BC says, it probably isn't worth the bother. Unfortunately, the internet was not conceived with security in mind, so it is pretty much a jungle out there.

Just enable conversation logging.
    Then once you think you've got enough conversation hand that over with any other information you've recieved.
    emails with headers etc etc.