Thread: spyware / adware problem (help)

spyware / adware problem (help)

i've two file sharing programmes (p2p). limewire & ares.
    since i've installed limewire, my ares shared folder got some problem. whenever i connect to internet now my ares shared folder in my program files gets filled with thousands of small 1MB zip files with names of movies within few minutes. its name of movies alphabetically.
    to save space i've to delete them all the times and my norton antivirus is unable to find out the spyware/adware if any.
    is it a virus or spyware/adware?
    & tell me how to solve this problem
    Sometimes realitys are dreams we cannot live in.... (as my bst fren says) [/shadow]

ehm.. isn't that what the program is supposed to do ??
    am I getting you wrong ??

You installed those apps to fill your harddrive whith movies.. it takes a lot of parts and pieces.. that's how p2p works..
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peer-to-peer
    when you download whatever it is you are downloading it is usualy downloaded in pieces and stored in some temporary folder..
    Possibly in the programs install folder..
    ASCII stupid question, get a stupid ANSI.
    When in Russia, pet a PETSCII.

Get your ass over to SLAYRadio the best station for C64 Remixes !

but its downloading all that stuff that i never wanted or i mean i never tried to download.
    its ok if it download what i want but its creating havoc.
    Sometimes realitys are dreams we cannot live in.... (as my bst fren says) [/shadow]

Hi neohunk,

just weigh the pros and cons...if it's causing you more problems than what it's worth...do what I do...get rid of it!

problem solved!

Eg

And that relates to computers, women, property, and everything else...especially women

Originally posted here by neohunk
    but its downloading all that stuff that i never wanted or i mean i never tried to download.
    its ok if it download what i want but its creating havoc.
    I don't think you get it. Follow the links Jinx gave you. if you want it to stop - uninstall the p2p software.

As you download what you want parts of software others want is downloaded. Short and Sweet.
    09:F9:11:02:9D:74:E3:5B8:41:56:C5:63:56:88:C0

well i just wanted a better solution than to completely remove the software. anyways i guess removing it will b a better thing.

AO's Resident Redneck The Texan's Avatar
    deleting it would be best option but if you choose to keep it make sure that you have your "sharing" turned off and make sure that "uploading" is turned off too
    Git R Dun - Ty
    A tribe is wanted