Another New Computer thread

Thread: Another New Computer thread

Another New Computer thread

I have a dell laptop P4 1Gb Ram, 40 Gig HDD, and a DVD/CDRW. Attached to the docking station is a 16X dvd burner.

The thing is a few years old and is my work PC. So being that I write scripts/programs, monitor security and play with lots of new toys - you guessed it IT'S TIME TO FORMAT and start fresh.

Since there seem to be many threads lately asking advice on new computer Hardware, I was wondering if anyone would be intrested in step-by-step instructions on how "I" install the OS and secure the box.

I can set for dual boot, if requested. I will install W2K or XP - depends on the most requests. Personally I prefer W2K. If a dual Boot is requested, I will only set a small partition for the second OS (Since this is a work PC I won't have time to install a linux distro)

Let me know, I'm copying (backing up) data now and will probably start tomorrow or Friday.

Dino
    09:F9:11:02:9D:74:E3:5B8:41:56:C5:63:56:88:C0

Im sure more tuts are always welcome. If you need help or anything to add to it lemmie know. Ill format a box and help
    meh. -ech0.

No requests??

Oh well, wrote something anyway. Take a look and let me know what you think. Anything I missed? Wrong? Wright?

After the final edit, I will remove the smart ass comments.

Peace.

Sorry Guys and Gals. Here's a better formatted version. I am ready to psot the final draft. Please let me know what you think