WILMA Low Pressure & Dropping 884 mb around 5 a.m
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: WILMA Low Pressure & Dropping 884 mb around 5 a.m

Banned

WILMA Low Pressure & Dropping 884 mb around 5 a.m

CAT-5 WILMA MOST INTENSE EVER!

http://wwwa.accuweather.com/news-weathernews.asp

Hurricane Wilma rapidly gained strength overnight and is now a category 5 storm! A recon plane found a pressure of 892 mb around 2:30 this morning, then 884 mb around 5 a.m., ranking Wilma as the most intense hurricane to ever be recorded in the Atlantic basin!

() \/V |\| 3 |) |3\/ |\|3G47|\/3
    Accuweather.com forecasters say that after crossing the Florida peninsula Wilma will slingshot north along the Atlantic coast, bringing rain to the Mid-Atlantic and New England states by Monday.
    This is not going to be good news for the New England area. More rain is the last thing they need!

Go Finland!
    Deviant Gallery

AO BOFH: Luser Abuser BModeratorFH gore's Avatar
    It's sort of funny, the top storms ever, like 10 of them..... 3 were just this year. Katrina, Rita and Willma. That's really something, and a Cat5 cable... I mean, storm, in October, is damn near un-heard of. It looks like the lace it's supposed to go is Florida... They have been pretty lucky so far this year with none of the big ones touching them.

In other Weather, Michigan had a storm a few days ago while it was around 50 degrees outside. My house shook. And this week, record lows. Every day this week it's going into the lower 30s. The highs here are going to be in the 40s and 50s.
    Kill the lights, let the candles burn behind the pumpkins’ mischievous grins, and let the skeletons dance. For one thing is certain, The Misfits have returned and once again everyday is Halloween.The Misfits FreeBSD
    Cannibal Holocaust
    SuSE Linux
    Slackware Linux

Are you hinting at signs of the apocolypse? :P

Super Moderator: GMT Zone nihil's Avatar
    It doesn't look good for Florida!

This is the source I use:

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/

Quite a nice site in my opinion

EDIT: Just click on the maps and they are expanded at the bottom of the page. Quite a few interesting links down the left side as well.
    If you cannot do someone any good: don't do them any harm....
    As long as you did this to one of these, the least of my little ones............you did it unto Me.
    What profiteth a man if he gains the entire World at the expense of his immortal soul?

AO BOFH: Luser Abuser BModeratorFH gore's Avatar
    Originally posted here by zENGER
    Are you hinting at signs of the apocolypse? :P

I said it was un-heard of for a storm like this this late in October, I didn't say Bush learned how to read, or that Republicans all admitted they were dick heads and racists, and I didn't say Microsoft decided they had enough money and started giving away software.
    Kill the lights, let the candles burn behind the pumpkins’ mischievous grins, and let the skeletons dance. For one thing is certain, The Misfits have returned and once again everyday is Halloween.The Misfits FreeBSD
    Cannibal Holocaust
    SuSE Linux
    Slackware Linux

() \/V |\| 3 |) |3\/ |\|3G47|\/3
    The NOAA site rocks!! There is SO much to do there...you could spend the whole day!

Gore, it sounds like you guys are getting all the good weather! The Dallas area hasn't had any good weather all year. I think I need to move.

Go Finland!
    Deviant Gallery

MG, there may well be a lovely 4 bedroom house available for you in Florida. There's lots of weather to enjoy here.
    Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.

Originally posted here by debwalin
    MG, there may well be a lovely 4 bedroom house available for you in Florida. There's lots of weather to enjoy here.
    I was waiting to hear from you Deb. Are you and your's in the path of this puppy again?

Cheers:
    DjM

We are north of the projected path. I live in Jacksonville, so for now, we're not in the direct path. We'll get outer bands and nastiness, but should come out with a house that's standing at least. However, if that thing takes a jog to the north at any point, I will probably be abandoning ship. Just waiting and watching for now.
    Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.