Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: what happen to my free avg?

Norton 04???

If you haven't already, you better snag all the new signatures for that 04, if they are still available.

BTW avg is back up.
    Connection refused, try again later.

hummm! well so much for norton i'm back to AVG it's working
    If you haven't already, you better snag all the new signatures for that 04, if they are still available.
    you are right Relyt thanks for the info.

I’m too paranoid if I don’t get an updated for mor than a couple hours I think my computer. Is invaded by some evil virus or worse Even thought I have to say I like avg antivirus very much and not only because is free.
    Too bloody parnoid.. your prepared to install an old version of a bloat ware AV that in the domestic version updates once per week, except with extreem situations ie a cat 4 or above virus, and a 2 yearold version at that.. it will require 30MB min of update before you have any semblence of protection..
    Even AVG dosent update Hourly .. so your sweating over a few hours? its not as if it is an IDS, Firewall, and proxy with content filter as well as an AV.. You wanting commercial protection from a FREE DOMESTIC GRADE AV..???

give me a break.. dunno why I bother ****ing posting on this retarded site..
    "Consumer technology now exceeds the average persons ability to comprehend how to use it..give up hope of them being able to understand how it works." - Me http://www.cybercrypt.co.nr

give me a break.. dunno why I bother ****ing posting on this retarded site..
    Because you lost the Ashes, old chap..................and until you win the Americas Cup, you will be a grumpy toad?.............tell me, does a Cat. 5 hurricane take offspin, or legspin?

I will not even mention "underarm" [very private joke between cricketing types]

For my North American comrades..................I do believe that I will now be sentenced to death "in absentia" in the Antipodes.

ur-karma

AGV is OK...............but it will only upgrade if they have something?...............try getting Avast! and run it as well...............not a good idea, but at least it "talks to you more"..............and I am running the two together............interactive...............NOT a good idea? but I can handle crashes?

How to protec youself chip:
    AVG
    or
    AVAST
    or
    ANTIVIR
    and ClamAV as extended scanner
    ---
    SpyBot,Ad-aware
    +
    https://netfiles.uiuc.edu/ehowes/www/resource.htm
    http://www.javacoolsoftware.com/spywareblaster.html
    http://www.spywareguide.com/blockfile.php
    +
    Not use computer as administrator "day work", just install and manage applications through administrator account, use password for administrator account. (right click on file, chose "Run as..." another user)

Or uselinux + linuxproxy with firewall and and AV for proxy + hardware firewall + few command line antivirus scanners + good security level.

Here was one little list for them who want to have better security just for doing of "home work".
    // too far away outside of limit

ur-karma: myself and many friends have had this problem, and it doesnt seem to be a server problem (one persons would and anothers wouldnt), you can download and update from folder although sometimes this doesnt work.

my solution all be it crude is to download the latest free version of AVG, uninstall the old and then it seems to work, its weird and we couldnt find anything about this problem when we searched

i2c

dunno why I bother ****ing posting on this retarded site.."?... Then don't, or at least keep the comments to yourself. Insulting people publicly just makes the site more retarded.
    Striek: Your right..

I am ****ing out of here..
    "Consumer technology now exceeds the average persons ability to comprehend how to use it..give up hope of them being able to understand how it works." - Me http://www.cybercrypt.co.nr

PERMISSION..................................DENIED!