Thread: P.c problems

P.c problems

I was wondering if someone could help me. I have a p.c with the following, amd athlon fx55, 2ghz ram, 120 gb harddrive, 256 mb radeon x600pro, lan party nf4 ultra-d. I resently just bought all these parts and build my p.c, i switched it on and it all worked fine. Then i move the tower to where i wanted it and then went to switch it on and it switched on but there was no picture. I checked everything cables monitor and making the card was in properly, it didnt switch back on. I left the p.c and came back to it the next day and it switched on and i had a picture. Then i switched of and left it for an hour came back and switched it on and it powered up but again there was no picture. Is there someone that could give me a few ideas what could be the problem.

Try another monitor/monitor cable
    09:F9:11:02:9D:74:E3:5B8:41:56:C5:63:56:88:C0

If it doesn't beep but the fans turn, congratulations you killed the motherboard.
    Definitions: Hacker vs. Cracker
    Gentoo Linux user, which probably says a lot about me..
    AGA member 14460 || KGS : Trevoke and games archived

never heard of that one before, lol, spray some static guard around it!

video driver maybe...dunno
    Difficult takes a day, Impossible takes a week~Kthln01!

AO's MMA Fanatic! Computernerd22's Avatar
    Then i move the tower to where i wanted it and then went to switch it on and it switched on but there was no picture.
    Have you Checked the outlet for power? Uninstall and reinstall the video card? Swap the monitor with one that you know works? A lot of trial and error comes to mind here.

I checked everything cables monitor and making the card was in properly, it didnt switch back on. I left the p.c and came back to it the next day and it switched on and i had a picture. Then i switched of and left it for an hour came back and switched it on and it powered up but again there was no picture.
    Sounds to me as if their might be a short either in the cable itself, or your monitor is shorting out. Does the BIOS detect the monitor, and your video card? If not, more trial and error needs to be done to resolve the issue. Hold you ear up to the monitor when you power it on, what do you hear?

May be a bit of chip creep dont just reset you GCard make sure you rseat all of the cards, memory etc.

//You in Englands version of Portsmouth or America's?

First question as silly as this may sound but what color is the little light on the front of your monitor. If it is orange then it is not getting a signal from the computer. Check your monitor cable. If the light is green and there is no picture after the bios screen then there is a good chance of there being a problem with your drivers or video card.
    If it is green and there is no picture as all then i would say your monitor has a problem.
    If there is no light then you need to check your power cable.
    \"America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.\"
    \"The reason we are so pleased to find other people\'s secrets is that it distracts public attention from our own.\"
    Oscar Wilde(1854-1900)

First of all thanks for the respone. I have changed monitors and all cables with ones that work on a different computer. I have also taken out all my cards (graphics, memory, sound) and reseated them. The computer when i switched it on today started up i had a picture and it loaded up. i then switched it off and back on and it didnt have a picture. When i switched it on there was a beeping sound as normal it still runs all parts working but no picture through the monitor, ne more ideas people.

Thank you.
    If you can\'t convince them, confuse them.

Problem fixed it turned out to be a faulty card!!!! Thanks for all the ideas.
    If you can\'t convince them, confuse them.