Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: what happen to my free avg?

Question what happen to my free avg?

Hello. I’m a bit confused about my avg. free. Till now it has work perfect for me until today it just didn’t want to update the latest virus definitions. I did scan with trend micro online for virus and lavasoft ad-ware and nothing came out. all clean on both test any suggestion would be much appreciated thank you.

I know this doesn't help, but on a craptop with Win2k I had an AVG install that refused to Auto-protect. I could open it up and scan scan away but it would never autoprotect. Never figured out what it was since I wiped the install about a 2 weeks after.

What message are you getting ? If it is that the file can't be found on the server, they are having problems.

http://forum.grisoft.cz/freeforum/re...,backpage=,sv=

They call me the Hunted foxyloxley's Avatar
    Are you on a 24/7 box ?
    is the start tray symbol greyed out ?

if so it might be you need to re-boot.
    so now I'm in my SIXTIES FFS
    WTAF, how did that happen, so no more alterations to the sig, it will remain as is now

Beware of Geeks bearing GIF's
    come and waste the day :P at The Taz Zone

Works fine here on the East Coast U.S.

I just updated 2 boxes.

cheers

edit: Well they're down now. My wife just tried to update on her box and no go. Server is down. The update can't be retrieved from the server.

cheerios
    Connection refused, try again later.

Hi, to everyone and thank you again for the replies
    Are you on a 24/7 box? Yes I am.
    Is the start tray symbol greyed out? Yes it is
    If so it might be you need to re-boot. Did already four times and nothing. no idea I even uninstall it and install it back and nothing. I’m clueless “more than usual”
    What message are you getting? The update can't be retrieved from the server.

*sigh* Then check the link I gave. They are having server problems.

Originally posted here by ur-karma
    The update can't be retrieved from the server.
    why dont you install the latest (avg70free_344a618)
    http://free.grisoft.com/doc/Get+AVG+FREE/lng/us/tpl/v5

see if can update then ! good luck.
    The Power Of Your Imagination:

quote:

*sigh* Then check the link I gave. They are having server problems.
    Should be all working well now.. has been for my systems since 11:30 UTC.

This isnt the first time tha Grisoft have had server problems, and probably wont be the last. Never known the problem to exist for more than 24hrs.

If you ever encounter this problem whay not follow this advice
    I manually downloaded the latest file u7iavi151wf.bin on this page: [free.grisoft.com]
    found on the links given by hesperus, but we have ALL read the info given didnt we.
    Personaly I would only bother with the manual download if:
    The problem Existed for more than a day
    or
    I had a cleanup job and I wanted to have all bases covered - or the infection is very recent (**** most repairs I have the infection is better than 48hrs old b4 I see them)
    "Consumer technology now exceeds the average persons ability to comprehend how to use it..give up hope of them being able to understand how it works." - Me http://www.cybercrypt.co.nr

Hello,
    thank’s for your help everyone. Well What I finally decided to do was to install back an old copy of Norton 04 That I had around for a wile. I’m too paranoid if I don’t get an updated for mor than a couple hours I think my computer. Is invaded by some evil virus or worse Even thought I have to say I like avg antivirus very much and not only because is free. I do appreciate your replies and your thoughts.