Hurricane Wilma

Thread: Hurricane Wilma

Banned

Hurricane Wilma

Wel... It looks like there is another hurricane coming at me. I'm actually kinda pissed off cause this was suppossed to be my one weekend for a fishing trip.

Honestly, I'm not really worried about the hurricane, but I'mm getting sick of the hurricane delays.

Any bets on where it hits?

It will bounce off the Yucutan peninsula and then the Florida coast, then travel northward approximately 1000 miles, making landfall again at Halifax, Nova Scotia, destroying Canada's only naval base on the east coast, and both destroyers.
    Government is like fire - a handy servant, but a dangerous master - George Washington
    Government is not reason, it is not eloquence - it is force. - George Washington.

Join the UnError community!

Hi d0pp ,

Try this site:

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/

In particular, check out the "Discussion" page, that is where they analyse the results of the various predictive models.

Shame about the fishing

Originally posted here by Striek
    It will bounce off the Yucutan peninsula and then the Florida coast, then travel northward approximately 1000 miles, making landfall again at Halifax, Nova Scotia, destroying Canada's only naval base on the east coast, and both destroyers.
    I was a liitle miffed at first, but then I thought whale sh+t he's right, we do only have two destroyers on the east coast, and two on the other coast (for those who havn't seen an ocean, that's the west coast).

The rest of the fleet is made up of Frigates, Submarines (bet you didn't know we had those eh!), and minesweepers.

Oh and we have had our city dumped on before Huricane Juan and managed to come out relativley okay.

Now on the other hand Toronto gets a bit of snow, and whoa!! call out the army, stop all vacations, get the silly servants back to work.

By the way, Canada went metric awhile back Metric 1871

so 1000 miles from Miami would get you to Washington DC, just about right.Halifax to Miami or anywhere in Florida
    PC Registered user # 2,336,789,457...

"When the water reaches the upper level, follow the rats."
    Claude Swanson

Banned
    The rest of the fleet is made up of Frigates, Submarines (bet you didn't know we had those eh!), and minesweepers.
    Boats that sink are not always submarines.

Well... supposively, there will be tropical storm winds where I am by 8AM tomorrow.

We have gone on our final beer/cigarette run for this hurricane... lets hope we don't run out

Striek I didn't know you were a meteorologist........................It may well hit Nova Scotia!

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/text/refresh...l/240319.shtml

Good call!

It will be close to Halifax according to their 1-3 day forcast http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/refresh/grap...513.shtml?3day

Should be no surprise though as most Hurricanes/Tropical Storms will follow the Gulf Stream and as has been the case for the last 100 yrs, it is slowly getting closer to Nova Scotia, and they figure before long, the snowbirds will be turning left on their way to Florida and winter in Nova Scotia instead

Hey I just found out who is responsible for all of these stormsJerry Speaks
    PC Registered user # 2,336,789,457...

"When the water reaches the upper level, follow the rats."
    Claude Swanson