Camera problem.. - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Camera problem..

Goodday ppl,

Well I finally got some good/bad news yesterday when my wife decided to spoil me and bought me a new access case with 500watt psu and quick release functions for easy fitment of hdd , stiffy drive etc..Now here is the rotten part..I decided to test the camera again and guess what??It resetted my pc again and the pc worked for about one day and refused to boot again.. My hdd in cmos was picked up as some kind of alien device because I could not read the description when auto detected..End result ..boot partition as well as the rest of 115 gig had to be formatted..No repair option nor the option of deleting the boot partition and creating a new one helped .Still it told me that the drive as a whole had to be formatted…sigh..

Formatted the whole thing and I thought everything I had was lost!!My son,s friend then came along and gave me a recovery program called restorer 2000 professional.I thought ..ya just another one which recovers just about nothing..Guys I recovered about 60-80% of my stuff successfully..Could not believe my luck but yeah.. it actually works..I sent the camera to the supplier and will receive the results within a week or so..Looks like it is the problem..for me anyway..
    Practise what you preach.

My son,s friend then came along and gave me a recovery program called restorer 2000 professional
    Man so much for *****Peer downloading, now it's delivered straight to ur front door.
    Anyhow you soon find out if the camera was indeed faulty, and i would be suprised if it wasn't faulty.
    The sypmtoms that appear once you plug it in really makes it hard not to think that it isn't.

Anyhow let us know what happens vman.

Originally posted here by .:front2back:.

Anyhow you soon find out if the camera was indeed faulty, and i would be suprised if it wasn't faulty.The sypmtoms that appear once you plug it in really makes it hard not to think that it isn't.Anyhow let us know what happens vman.
    You were right front2back.The dealer contacted me and confirmed that the camera was indeed faulty..I got a new one..My new!!!screencard strangely enough also started giving me problems by not wanting to start up and just gave a long beep error..I send it away in the meantime to the same dealer because they were bought together at the same time and came via courier straigt to my house .The moral of the story...Always try to buy it straight off the shelf and carry it yourself..The main coulprits were the couriers because as far as i can remember they usually do not handle stuff with a great deal of respect..

All is well now so thanks again and i hope someone can benefit from this experince of mine and choose your carrier well if you cannot get it yourself
    Practise what you preach.