Kinda says it all

Some pictures are worth a thousand words

Found here
    http://edition.cnn.com/

Front page...

Attached....also

Maybe a copyright violation

But the picture moved me

Pray for them...that they come home safe ............................and sound

MLF
    How people treat you is their karma- how you react is yours-Wayne Dyer

AO's Resident Redneck The Texan's Avatar
    today the 2,000 soldier was killed in Iraq. before i start this i want to make something clear, I really do feeling for every soldiers families and i value their sacrifice, with that said: I think the media makes WAY to much of EVERY single death in Iraq... they sensationalize it and blow it out of perportion ( sp?) ok in WW2 2,000 soldiers died in one day or in one battle... and im sure people cared but, not like this! the media has been allowed to permeate (sp) the battle field to much I think... i mean its good they are over there documenting and stuff but they make to much of this! keeping death talies for the public to read on every single soldier and Cindy Sheehan OMG dont get me started on the insane media whore... anyway im not an anti american communist and i do value our military its just how i feel.
    Git R Dun - Ty
    A tribe is wanted

There is one thing I never understood what is the National Gaurd and the reserves doing in Iraq. I didn't think they could be deploied overseas. They are not even full time soldiers as far as i know.
    \"America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.\"
    \"The reason we are so pleased to find other people\'s secrets is that it distracts public attention from our own.\"
    Oscar Wilde(1854-1900)

AOs Resident Troll
    He looks so lost..distressed...like he doesnt know what the Fu&k hes doing there...

I hope he makes it through ok...

I do not believe in this war...and I hope they all come home ...soon

MLF
    How people treat you is their karma- how you react is yours-Wayne Dyer

First off I don't want to sound anti American, which I am not..
    Second I don't want to sound like some anti war weirdo..

But soon there'll be more soldiers dead in this 'holy' war on terror then have died in the WTC, Pentagon, Madrid and London attacks..
    ASCII stupid question, get a stupid ANSI.
    When in Russia, pet a PETSCII.

Get your ass over to SLAYRadio the best station for C64 Remixes !

They call me the Hunted foxyloxley's Avatar
    In 1916 in one morning Britain lost SIXTY THOUSAND troops [The Somme]

American losses are [militarily speaking] irrelevant ........
    America took an entire country in a matter of DAYS, with losses in the '00s.
    No military EVER has had the capability to do this, and the insurgency is just a natural consequence of those who now have nothing to stop for.
    They can be stopped quickly, but the cost [to Iraqi's] would be EXTREMELY high, and would entail utilising Soviet tactics, something that the US military has never considered.

War IS hell, and people die.
    but in this war, the numbers are so low, that we [home based civillians] are in danger of losing perspective on this, and we need to remember the MILLIONS that died in the major wars / conflicts of the 20th century alone, to remind ourselves how lucky we are that we still have personnel who are prepared to 'walk the walk'

In a few days we [UK - not sure if it's done in the US ?] shall remember the dead with the wearing of a poppy.

that day is November 11th, as it was at the 11th hour of the 11th day of the 11th month in 1918 that WWI finally ended.

and we are still killing each other
    so now I'm in my SIXTIES FFS
    WTAF, how did that happen, so no more alterations to the sig, it will remain as is now

Beware of Geeks bearing GIF's
    come and waste the day :P at The Taz Zone

The Texan: there is a big difference between todays army and the army of WWII, in WWII we had 16 million boots on the ground 12% of our total population. Today we have total in iraq is ~150,000 so while 2000 in WWII is not a big deal (massed armies fighting each other) in iraq it is a significant hit (small units in a insurgancy/counter insurgancy). IF we lost people at WWII rates we would nolonger have a military. as it is our guys over there are on their third tour with no one sighing up as replacement...2000 is a crippiling number of lost personal to our current army (and that isn't looking at the number of wounded).

Edit: My number for WWII partcipation is quick and dirty, it is semiacurate but the true number is higher.
    Who is more trustworthy then all of the gurus or Buddha’s?

Originally posted here by foxyloxley
    In 1916 in one morning Britain lost SIXTY THOUSAND troops [The Somme]

American losses are [militarily speaking] irrelevant ........
    America took an entire country in a matter of DAYS, with losses in the '00s.
    No military EVER has had the capability to do this, and the insurgency is just a natural consequence of those who now have nothing to stop for.
    They can be stopped quickly, but the cost [to Iraqi's] would be EXTREMELY high, and would entail utilising Soviet tactics, something that the US military has never considered.

The US only has 150,000 troops over there, no loss is irrelevant at those numbers, this is not a WWII army this is a very small army by compairison.

Oh and what we pulled of in invasion of iraq, well the germans pulled off very similar victories in WWII useing the same tatics in belgium (well most of western europ for that matter)
    Who is more trustworthy then all of the gurus or Buddha’s?

How many of the British army casualties in Iraq are from the reserve forces? I forget if it is called the home gaurd or terratorial Army in the UK. Would the british army even consider send its reserve forces into Iraq today? A lot of my americain friends both pro and anti Bush agree that the National guard should never have been sent to Iraq and definatly not for more than one tour of duty. I think this is where a lot of the "media hype" is coming from.
    \"America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.\"
    \"The reason we are so pleased to find other people\'s secrets is that it distracts public attention from our own.\"
    Oscar Wilde(1854-1900)

They call me the Hunted foxyloxley's Avatar
    Oh and what we pulled of in invasion of iraq, well the germans pulled off very similar victories in WWII useing the same tatics in belgium
    And German casualties were measured in the 10's of 000's .....................

And irrelevant was not the best choice of word, inconsequential is a better fit ........
    as in, the number of casualties makes NO diference to the fighting capability of a unit.
    Most here are looking at the problem through civvie eyes, for a military problem you HAVE to accept what in any other walk of life would be un-acceptable.

And the Territorial Army [STAB's - Stupid T A Bast@rds ] are a part of the regular army's line up, and as such are used where they are NEEDED.
    so now I'm in my SIXTIES FFS
    WTAF, how did that happen, so no more alterations to the sig, it will remain as is now

Beware of Geeks bearing GIF's
    come and waste the day :P at The Taz Zone