White SOX close in

Thread: White SOX close in

Thumbs up White SOX close in

White Sox close in
    Blum's homer in 14th puts Chicago one victory away

5 1/2-hour game longest in history of Fall Classic

GEOFF BAKER WHITE SOX LEAD SERIES 3-0
    SPORTS REPORTER

HOUSTON´┐ŻA knockout blow the Chicago White Sox appeared to have delivered in last night's fifth inning had to wait the equivalent of another full regulation game to take effect.

History will note that the White Sox didn't all but clinch their first World Series title in 87 years by pounding Houston Astros ace Roy Oswalt into submission in humiliating fashion in a five-run fifth. Even more embarrassing and lethal to Houston's long-term hopes for a first title came when their hitters flailed at air with the winning run in scoring position in the ninth, 10th and 11th innings, then standed another runner in the 12th before tempting fate once too often.

A White Sox team that had seen its bullpen suffer a second consecutive blown save in the eighth finally prevailed, 7-5, after Geoff Blum delivered a two-out, tie-breaking homer off reliever Ezequiel Astacio in the 14th inning to give Chicago a 3-0 Series lead and help end the longest game in Fall Classic history.
    http://www.thestar.com

Hi Broomiebar

If I had been umpire, the "leg before wicket" (LBW) decision in the fifth would have stunned them?

They only trusted us with softball at my highschool

A legacy from the USAF and WWII, when a lot of your guys were based up here (the bomb groups)

Lol..Nihil

I love how the military tied sports with patriotism.

Bah! The Yankees aren't in it, so I don't care!
    Space For Rent.. =]

T̙͓̞̣̯ͦͭͅͅȂͧͭͧ̏̈͏̖̖Z̿ ͆̎̄
    YAH!!! Toronto Blue Jays!!!...OPPS...errrrrrrrrr....they're not in it are they? Sorry, wrong year...

Angry Astros shutdown

Damn... they just won.
    NOOO!!!!

One of these years, chicago's other team will win it..

... I can hope can't I ?
    The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool - Good Ole Bill Shakespeare