Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: mod-x challenge question

mod-x challenge question

OK I have started to do the mod-x challenge and I am stuck on level 1 (no laughting please). I am completely new to that. I have googled and search different sites but I cannot find any hint that is helping me.

My observations are on level 1:
    When trying to enter the password, text is not hidden (this is not right)
    I think that I need to bypass the password box in order to get the password from the webpage that is trying to load (stay blank because of the enter password box)

So if anybody could give me a hint(s) on which direction to take that would be great.

JC

Did you try to look at the source of the level 1 page ??
    ASCII stupid question, get a stupid ANSI.
    When in Russia, pet a PETSCII.

Get your ass over to SLAYRadio the best station for C64 Remixes !

The Mission briefing one? or the one with the message?

JC

The one with the message, it's about half way down the source. you carn't miss it, as it kinds of jumps out and screams "look the answer is right here"

cheers
    f2b

Front2back, do you mean from that page

<<
    How did this get on to your system!?!

Let me explain - you are amateurs! A 5 year old could of broken into your systems - and why? because you don't know the first thing about security!

You think this is the end? Think again - instead of crippling your pathetic systems...we have decided to play a game with you. You have no choice in the matter...either you play, and make a futile attempt at regaining your system...or you give up, and admit we own U. Either way - we have won.

By now you should have realised that you no longer have access to your terminals. Well, here is your chance to regain access. This is easy - don't kid yourself...we want you to regain access - then the game can continue.

>>

Because I have a look at the source and just can't see it. I have tried a few combination from those line << function gothere() { location.href='%21%21%47%21.php';>>

EDIT
    Also the following line was "jumping at me"
    <<alert('"The right to enter, approach, or use; >?@~:@~?> ."');>>

I did try a few combinations but nope...

But I am probably wrong.
    JC

Banned
    where do you see this :

&lt;&lt;alert('"The right to enter, approach, or use; &gt;?@~:@~?&gt; ."');&gt;&gt;

i don't see it at the msg page

The script is actually:
    alert('"The right to enter, approach, or use; admitance ."');

I have replaced the word admitance by some characters as I did not want to put any spoiler in my initial message.

I will appreciate any help at this stage as I have been looking at finding the solution for the past 8 hours (it is probably right in front of my eyes but can't see it)

Manage to get the source for the page, it is using Java (which I don't know at all).

&lt;HTML&gt;
    &lt;HEAD&gt;
    &lt;TITLE&gt;Null&lt;/TITLE&gt;
    &lt;SCRIPT&gt;

var string = "9bb1d6d6832cvrdv22";
    var enigma = "";
    var whatisthis = "var myxor = prompt('Password:','');for (y=1; y&lt;5; y++)
    {enigma += (string.indexOf(y)+1);}enigma += 5;if (myxor==enigma){enigma = enigma + '.php';
    location.href=enigma;}else{location.href='hahaha.php';}";

eval(whatisthis);

&lt;/SCRIPT&gt;
    &lt;/HEAD&gt;
    &lt;BODY&gt;&lt;/BODY&gt;
    &lt;/HTML&gt;

Like I have said I don't want to be told the solution but some direction/hint would be good. The good thing about that is that I am reading tonnes of new things and I guess learning along.
    JC

Manage to get the source for the page, it is using Java (which I don't know at all).
    time to learn it me thinks!

http://www.w3schools.com/js/default.asp
    Hmm...theres something a little peculiar here. Oh i see what it is! the sentence is talking about itself! do you see that? what do you mean? sentences can\'t talk! No, but they REFER to things, and this one refers directly-unambigeously-unmistakably-to the very sentence which it is!

Fair enough, but to speed up the process of finding the solution of level 1, any particular section of Javascript I should start with (taking in consideration that it is a beginner challenge).
    Another basic question about that, I thought that Javascript script needed to start with &lt;Javascript&gt; or &lt;script type="text/javascript"&gt;

Thanks
    JC

The website that you have recommended is really good BTW.

(V)/\&gt;&lt;

I did manage to get through level 2 and I have been now stucked onto level 3 for the past 2 weeks. Please don't suggest that I go and learn Java now .

I am still learning Javascript and I really enjoy it.

BTW if you have any hint for the level 3, I have been Googling mad for the past week but nope, nothing, nada, to help me out there.

JC