Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: make 'em wait

They call me the Hunted foxyloxley's Avatar

make 'em wait

Just an idea :
    make all new members wait till a global mod or admin has checked over their 'entry form' before they are allowed to access the forum ..............

This way the obviously 'naughty' names can be weeded out, and we will not have posts from tossers who tag themselves as c**tman

would also make the special one have to come up with a whole new line of tags too.

the recently banned list is mainly / all him anyway, and most / all of his tags are just filth.

those who choose that type of tag, obviously have NO intention of being a useul member,
    so why allow them to post ?
    so now I'm in my SIXTIES FFS
    WTAF, how did that happen, so no more alterations to the sig, it will remain as is now

Beware of Geeks bearing GIF's
    come and waste the day :P at The Taz Zone

Foxy~

Sorry to disillusion you old chap, but they are already changing tactics..................

The "silly names" ones are easy, and give members a chance to shed a few negs?

Hi foxy,

We're starting to get a few that aren't the Spec too...no offense to the holder of this tag but...'I Am Maggot' is not what I would call a quality tag.

Eg

EG~

The guy was sat on a stack of bibles with a .45ACP jammed against his temple..............

He told "the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth"...............well next comes the sodium pentathol and scopolamine....................

I shall resolve the "differences" using electricity?

so what your saying is that it's Open season on Trolls.
    So i'm allowed to dust of those Red one's i've been saving and have some fun...

[pong][blur]S W E E E E E T[/blur][/pong]

Hey Hey,

I think that having moderator approval would help the community (current members) but it would be detrimental to the forum and JupM... How many of the 50,000+ members (or however many... we're said to have)... are one or two time posters, than pop by only when they need help? If someone knew stumbles along and is having problems at work and wants to ask a question... they have to wait for a mod to approve their registration? They'll go else where and that could have been a future contributing member to the site.. Also it leaves a way for people like Spec to effectively DoS the forum... It's obvious he has nothing better to do with his time.. He could spend the entire day in his basement doing nothing by signing up for fake memberships in order to overwhelm the mods... The only time he'd have to take a break is when he got more peanut butter for his dog to lick off his balls...

Peace
    HT

Speaking as someone who individually approves every single account on her forum, it's a pain in the ass. And I've only got about 1 signing up a day. It would really be a pain for AO. You have to check IP's, cross-reference them (which the software does for you, but it's still another step, same with e-mail addresses...it would quickly become a little more work than a volunteer would really enjoy on a site this size.
    Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.

Any bets on ' hoetamer ' being Spec's latest incarnation?

Why not make filling all the details in the user profile mandatory . That way it would take a little longer for new accounts to be made and may eventually annoy the type of people we are talking about enough so they stop making so many accounts.

Also, it would tell us more obout new genuine mebers!

I think that nokia has a good point there...................sure they will lie and b/s but at least it makes them take the time.

Harry Potter fans: "He who must not be named" will do the biz, as will the accolytes that I know he is recruiting...............

All I am trying to do is stop the dawgz £$%^&&* on your porch?