12 20.69%
  • XP (2000/98/ME) is fine by me.

26 44.83%
  • Do we need a vista poll?

8 13.79%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Are You Ashamed?

For n00bs the page "Users Online Now" can be removed, it can be for addicts only, I don't know if this is relevant. Unless who annoys you is an addict or above ...
    \"The only truly secure system is one that is powered off, cast in a block of concrete and sealed in a lead-lined room with armed guards - and even then I have my doubts\".....Spaf
    Everytime I learn a new thing, I discover how ignorant I am.- ... Black Cluster

I do find it interesting that some folks that stay invisible, have me on ignore (tears streaming down my cheeks--- ) and I don’t find out until I try to post on one of their threads.
    Connection refused, try again later.

Nihil:

I voted yes, remove the option. Except for Mods and Admins, what's the purpose?

I also have to admit that I am ashamed... I do not know how to make myself invisible. Thus to my point. Why? Why go on line, be it IM, IRC, BBS, or any other form of communication. I want people to know when I'm around.

My phone number is published in the phone book, I don't have caller ID- nor voice mail.

Back on topic:

If I want to troll a board for post counts, Spam for the latest penis enlargement product, or flirt with MsM - invisible or not, I still must troll.

Please let me know what I'm missing - besides the fact that I don't know how to be invisible.

Edit; Late in the evening and let spell check correct screen name Sorry nail - I Mean nihil
    09:F9:11:02:9D:74:E3:5B8:41:56:C5:63:56:88:C0

I'm sure it would be a coding nighmare
    This option is actually inbuilt into the Admin Control panel of ALL vbulleting software, all it takes to turn it off is for an Admin to go and Flick the switch..

Anyhow i agree maybe either turn this option OFF for good, or make it a site benifet.
    It truly serves no purpose, and like others have said if you don't want to be seen online, then why come online in the first place

cheers
    f2b

Hey dinowuff...I just noticed...you got your title...Congrats!...now back to our regularly scheduled program...

Warning this program contains: nudity, offensive language, suggestive scenes, and excessive violence...OPPS!...sorry...hehehe...wrong station.

Eg

OK, as it is related, I will put it here:

We have 2Mb of PM space................as there are very few moderators, maybe give them 100Mb.......then you don't have to worry about space (actually, the system does handle the exceptions so p1$$ off Spesh~ )

actually, the system does handle the exceptions so p1$$ off Spesh~
    oih Nihil stop hogging all my Hate mail, i logged in to expect some typical hate mail, and there was none.
    Witch leaves me to think that your've been stealing my mail again.
    So now i carn't start my day like usual, i've lost my routine, and i'm not happy

me goes and signs up to some advertising company that will sell all my details to the highest bidder just so i get some action happening in my email account..

f2b

.:front2back:.

With the greatest respect, I paid them last time?...............your turn in the barrel?

By the way, apart from "he who cannot be named", is anyone else p1$$€d off by my .....................

If you are,.................GOOD!

You get what you pay for?

Hi nihil,

At a site I attended before I came here they used to get on my case about this...they used to bunch up their words into one long paragraph so it was ridiculous to even read them...so...after I explained this...helps to break up the words so that they're easier to read...I left...

now...half of them are doing it

Eg

Frustrated Mad Scientist
    Hidden members button! Where? Must be invisible!

Didn't know it was there, never used it, wouldn't miss it.