Thread: Help

Help

Im part of a forum on line and i wondered if ne 1 could sort a little bug out for us this is that sum 1 has acceseed our site and is deletin everything but i cant get hold of an ip or nothing could really do wiv sum help thanks

Why don't you just disable ALL other Mod, Admin accounts.
    or just turn the board "Offline" through the Administrative control panel.
    Then sort through the site logs, and you'll most likely catch the person..

cheers
    f2b:.

Im part of a forum on line and i wondered if ne 1 could sort a little bug out for us this is that sum 1 has acceseed our site and is deletin everything but i cant get hold of an ip or nothing could really do wiv sum help thanks
    What???????

Old Fart
    Originally posted here by Egaladeist
    What???????
    I'll side with Egaladeist and add that you might want to learn to speak english instead of that eubonics bullshit you're spewing out. You're posting on a security forum, not sending a text message via cellphone to your loser friends.
    Al
    It isn't paranoia when you KNOW they're out to get you...

Thanks allenb...thought I was going senile early...

Im part of a forum on line
    do they all talk that way on that forum...

He is wearing an e-helmet. And it will change the way you think and live forever. Those are his electronic emotions. It allows him to conserve his body's energy.

Old Fart
    Originally posted here by !mitationRust
    He is wearing an e-helmet. And it will change the way you think and live forever. Those are his electronic emotions. It allows him to conserve his body's energy.
    Is that a fancy way of describing his tin foil hat?
    Al
    It isn't paranoia when you KNOW they're out to get you...

They call me the Hunted foxyloxley's Avatar
    IF you are admin on the site, when you access the admin pages, you will see who has been doing what, and when they did it ......................

then you just ban their ass .......

It's not rocket science ............

and lose the SMS bollox
    so now I'm in my SIXTIES FFS
    WTAF, how did that happen, so no more alterations to the sig, it will remain as is now

Beware of Geeks bearing GIF's
    come and waste the day :P at The Taz Zone

Hello, and welcome to the latest episode of: "Moderator in a suitcase"

You will all be glad to know that I have mastered the art of hotels where all the ash trays have been stolen by previous guests. I can now balance a cigarette butt on expensive furniture without noticeable damage

And if you can understand what I am talking about you must be at least 45 years old

To the OP:

1. Change passwords
    2. Change user IDs

If your host will play ball, make sure that they only accept a certain IP address (it will need to be fixed) for particular (admin) accounts.

Sort out your authorities.....................for admin and other accounts.

And why are you complaining about the way I am moderating your site?............you don't expect me to practice here do you?...............these are my friends

1. Issue notice to all members saying board will be done for next Xhrs for routine maintance
    2. Take board offline
    3. If running on your local machine (not a remote host) make backups and format / reinstall everything on your machine. Ensure when reinstalling that you include a Firewall and up-to-date AVP (incase it is more than your forum which has been comprimised). This might still need to be performed if it is your account the person has gained access to - tho it might just be me being overly paranoid
    4. Kill all other admin / mod accounts
    5. Change your admin password
    6. Kill current DB (mySQL?) user and create new one with different name / password (incase it is not forum but mySQL user which has been compromised
    7. Check forum software's website for any upgrades security patches
    8. Ensure server forum is running on is fully patched and upgraded
    9. Bring forum back online
    10. Start some form of logging procedure so you can find out exactly where an attack is coming from next time
    11. Start a routine backup procedure so should the worst happen again you dont lose much
    12. Ensure you keep up to date with all patches / fixes / upgrades
    13. Next time you post here try and include more information (where is frum running, what is it running on, what type of forum software is it, etc