Thread: A bunch of great new security articles up...

A bunch of great new security articles up...

Heya folks. Some of you already know me (the old-timers), but "hello!" to those who don't.

I'm X/O of a the Cyberarmy University Knowledge Bank (http://knowledge-bank.cauniversity.org), which is basically a group that puts together loads of member-written articles every month for people to read over and enjoy. Some are plain text, some have pictures, some have diagrams, etc.

A lot of articles have been submitted by the folks who work with CAU recently, so here's a rundown of the articles.. check 'em out if you're interested.

August -----

Introduction to WinSock by Rae, C/O of Knowledge-Bank Tutorial Writing.

"Most of the network programming done on Win32 platform is done using the WinSock API. API stands for Application Programming Interface. WinSock is actually a short form for Windows Sockets. They are conceptually similar to Berkeley (BSD) Sockets, which are commonly used on..."

September -----

Atom Feed by Rae, C/O of Knowledge-Bank Tutorial Writing

"Atom is a content syndication format. In its principle, it is similar to RSS (Really Simple Syndication or Rich Site Summary). This means that Atom is used for giving out periodic feeds about your website..."

Arrays in PHP by Rae, C/O of Knowledge-Bank Tutorial Writing.

"Let us first look at how standard variables are defined in PHP. If we want to make an integer variable, by the name of 'roll', we write the following PHP code..."

ASP Database Connectivity by Rae, C/O of Knowledge-Bank Tutorial Writing.

"This article teaches you about connecting your Active Server Pages (ASP) to a database. I'm assuming that you are already familiar with basic ASP programming techniques and database concepts. First of all, setup your basic development environment. This means, install Microsoft Windows, a web server which supports..."

How Keyboards Work by Ravn of CyberArmy Advaned Hardware Projects (A Subdivision of CAU).

"You use a keyboard almost any time you work with a computer. For just about anything you do, you need to hit a key for something. So, how do those little key presses make the computer do things? This article will explain how keyboards work, how they evolved, and...."

Distributed Database Concepts by Rae, C/O of Knowledge-Bank Tutorial Writing.

"In the last decade of computing, networking and database technologies have made rapid progress. With the advancement of internet technologies and distributed computing, the computing industry is rapidly changing its paradigm from keeping data at a central location, to..."

Java Threads by Rae, C/O of Knowledge-Bank Tutorial Writing.

"A thread, by definition is a light weight process. They are used to increase functionality and performance by performing multiple tasks at the same time, i.e. concurrently. There are two methods for implementing threads in Java..."

Polyalphabetic Ciphers by Rae, C/O of Knowledge-Bank Tutorial Writing.

"Caesar ciphers or rotation ciphers (also called ROT - n ciphers) are relatively easy to break. Same goes for mono alphabetic substitution ciphers. The Playfair Cipher is a slight improvement, but still retains some structural sense making it easy to break. A poly alphabetic substitution cipher is..."

Text Effects with Blender and Gimp 2.0 by Frankshaw of CyberArmy Advanced Hardware Projects (A Subdivision of CAU).

"Open blender // Select with right click and delete the objects with X key. // In Object mode, click Shading, World buttons use the HoR, HoG, HoB scroll bars to set the colour of your background. The default is a dark blue, so you may..."

How to Make a LED Barlight by Frankshaw of CyberArmy Advanced Hardware Projects (A Subdivision of CAU).

"This is how I created a lamp to light my keyboard, designed to plug in a Molex connector from my Power Supply."

Hope you all enjoy these, and please do give feedback and ratings to the articles!

Nice site worth a bookmark! Ill be sure to read that frunt to back tomorrow on my day off
    meh. -ech0.

Glad you enjoyed it, ech0. Hopefully others do, too.

How to Make a LED Barlight by Frankshaw of CyberArmy Advanced Hardware Projects (A Subdivision of CAU).
    Well i got busy last night, and i made one of those little light things, instead of using the white ones, i used some red one's.
    not as hard as i thought it would be, just had trouble sourcing the materials that i wanted to use.

cheers
    f2b

f2b: Glad to hear you actually made one! That's delightful when authors hear that their methods are actually being used.. I'll pass on your comment if you don't object.

No prob Jenhx, i will dust of me digi cam and take some happy snaps when i get home tonight..