Thread: Display driver problem

It's a gas!

Display driver problem

I have a Trident Cyberblade-17 video adaptor in my box but after installing the driver, upon rebooting i get the message 'There is a problem with your display settings. The adaptor type is incorrect or the current settings do not work with your hardware'. I had to download/install this driver as i only had the generic video driver installed.
    I think i have downloaded the correct driver http://members.driverguide.com/drive...driverid=23505

Im running windows 98.

Anyone any ideas?

Have you tried booting into "safe mode"? get any messages there?

If not, try resetting your video to 640x480 and working up from there............also look at the refresh rate...........that could be too high?..............try 72 and work up............I wouldn't try beyond 85

First question?Did you have a previous card installed??If so uninstall or remove the driver in the system in controll panel and reboot then try it again..the new driver i mean..The download you took looks a little old 1999 if i am correct but i have downloaded lots of stuff from driverguide with a exellant success rate so i think it is a question of getting a later version if possible..Second question isid you disable onboard driver in the cmos setup and change it to add on or pci whatever the case may be..Hope it helps..
    Practise what you preach.

windows 98 you say?

C:\>format c: /Q

i know, i know...i'll get my coat...
    Hmm...theres something a little peculiar here. Oh i see what it is! the sentence is talking about itself! do you see that? what do you mean? sentences can\'t talk! No, but they REFER to things, and this one refers directly-unambigeously-unmistakably-to the very sentence which it is!

It's a gas!
    Installed w2k which sorted problem.