An associate of mine, here for two weeks for training, cannot send email to anyone outside of the Adelphia network. He keeps getting the message “email cannot be relayed to...”.

He's using outlook03. He can receive his messages and smtp is set to use the same credentials as pop. I checked with adelphia to be sure and ALLl settings are as they should be and they are. He can send a message to himself and receive it fine but cannot send email to anyone else when he's not doing it from home (on their network). From his home there is no problem.

i tried setting up his email account on one of my computers to be sure it wasn't an issue with his laptop and got the same messages.

He had no problem until about three weeks ago.

Adelphia keeps telling him (and now me) that the problem lies outside their network and therefore they are not responsible. Something along the way is preventing the message from reaching it's destination they say.

I say bullshit! If something were preventing it from reaching it's destination the message would say in some way that the message was 'undeliverable'....right?