Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CPU main panel lights went off

Just Another Geek
    Check your reset button.... It took me once a couple of hours of testing before I figured out the reset button was fsck'ed.. It stayed in the "closed" position, continuously rebooting the system.. preventing it from booting properly..
    Oliver's Law:
    Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

thank you guys for your full support.
    When i went home from the office and checked the mobo and smelled like something burnt in it so i checked its power supply and it was working i checked each and every part but everything was working perfect except the mobo. Then i removed the wires that connects power and reset button to mobo and use a screw driver to complete the circuit and it then the leds started flicker and monitor got the signal too. I think some wiring inside the casing is damaged.

Once again thank you guys
    Excuse me, is there an airport nearby large enough for a private jet to land?

hi guys i am back with the same problem.

now everything inside in getting power but the monitor led is still orange in the beginning it turns green and then turns orange. I replaced the power supply, hard disk. wiring with the new one but still the monitor screen is black (not white and having no messages on it) with orange LED. It was working fine this morning suddenly i got the network disconnected the message and then the system freezed and when i try to force shutdown and start again it was not working. It smelled that something is burning inside it. For the safe i removed my network cards and checked again in vain. In my view it is not a ram problem as last night i worked continuously on it without any freeze. Now is this possible that bios is corrupt, Video card is damaged or mobo is damages. My mobo is 845 GLLY intel with the default bios. Can someone explain me when the monitor led turns green from orange.

Thanks

Hello mmkhan

I am sorry to have to say this, but I think that the motherboard has "passed its use by date"

As for the monitor light, the orange means that it is receiving power but is on standby. Green, means that it is getting a signal from the computer.

thanks nihil,
    well that was a bad news, is there a way i can confirm that my motherboard really passed away.

Hello mmkhan

I am sorry old chap, but without equipment to test, you really cannot.....................I feel that replacing the motherboard is basically building a new computer?

I am pretty sure that this is a MoBo problem

hi guys,
    I am back with old problem solved and having a new problem,
    The problem which i was facing earlier this month is now resolved i took that system to a technician and when he plugged the cord and hit the on the button, they system booted properly in the windows no signs of problems with it. The technician stared me amusely and i was embarrased. He was also not sure that what could be the problem. Any hints, ideas or tricks from you guys. Now i am working on that system but i am facing another problem. My system gots automatically restarts after sometime. The restart timing is not even it can restart anytime. After restart there is no scandisk which normally happens (winxp sp2) when system shutdown abnormally. The system properly boots into windows. After working last night on it when i tried to shutdown it, it rebooted and then went into windows, i again tried to shutdown then it peacefully rested in peace.

Thanks

Hi mmkhan, Make sure no wire(s) are stuck in processor fan and that is/are resulting in processor heating which in return is restating the system frequently.

- :S:
    \"And life is what we make it. Always has been, always will be.\"

ok it seems that i got the clue. There was a bad sector on my hdd and on my primary partition (c drive) i think windows tried to access that block and got restarted or paniced. This is what i think as when i tried scandisk now it is working fine.