Thread: Disabling Windows EP SP2 Firewall

Disabling Windows XP SP2 Firewall

So im trying to disable Windows XP Firewall and will this work

"How to disable the Windows XP Firewall in 3 lines of VBScript
    By the way, the Windows Firewall has its own object model, and is fully scriptable. We intend to document this as fully as we can by the time Service Pack 2 is officially released. In the meantime, here are a couple scripts you can play around with. Over the next week or so, I'll pop a few additional scripts into the blog, just to give you a better idea of what (and how) you'll be able to manage the firewall after you upgrade all your XP machines to Service Pack 2.

As I noted before, the Windows Firewall is enabled by default when you install Service Pack 2. For most people that's a good thing; if you already have a firewall running on your machine, however, you might not want to have Windows Firewall running as well. So how can you disable Windows Firewall? Why, by running this script, of course:

Set objFirewall = CreateObject("HNetCfg.FwMgr")
    Set objPolicy = objFirewall.LocalPolicy.CurrentProfile

objPolicy.FirewallEnabled = FALSE" (http://www.kayodeok.co.uk/weblog/200..._firewall.html)
    ~Maholo~

T3h Ch3F

Hey

Blindstone.

I think the question still remains why do you not have Admin PW for the box? Not trying to stalk you on this question, but at least answer the important issue at hand. It seems to me that if you were authorized to disable a security feature on said box, you would not be asking how to circumvent the most basic windows security feature.

Please elaborate.
    Get some good religion from Bad Religion.

As I noted before, the Windows Firewall is enabled by default when you install Service Pack 2. For most people that's a good thing; if you already have a firewall running on your machine, however, you might not want to have Windows Firewall running as well. So how can you disable Windows Firewall? Why, by running this script, of course:
    Now why would I want to run a script to turn off the windows firewall? I have sufficient privileges on my boxes to turn off what ever services I wish to. The point being is I OWN my boxes and then can do any thing I wish to them. If you do not have admin privileges on your box, then someone else probably owns it and you shouldn't be making these changes without their permissions.
    Are you attempting to crack someone elses security setup? Please explain.
    \"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand - strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!\"
    Author Unknown

Yea sure why not I have the Admn password I just want to know how to disable the windows xp firewall without it because I only have 1 finger, guess which one im always holding up, and I think it is easier to figure out a way that I can disable the firewall without typing in the ADmn password which is 1 million characters long and my finger begins to hurt.

What law does it break, what rule does it break, what morals system, what ethics system, basically it breaks down to you not knowing how to do it and thinking your some holy being and trying to stop me from breaking some nonexistant rule/law .

So to whom it may concern, I am the admn, I want to know how to disable Windows XP firewall without admn rights because thats what I want to do.

Thanks for answering this question in future posts.
    ~Mahalo~

Didn't you already have a thread exactly like this go suicidal...

http://www.antionline.com/showthread...hreadid=271709
    AntiOnline - Disabling Windows XP Firewall

guess which one im always holding up

I assume it's not the same one you have stuck up your a@@.