Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: NSA Free Stuff: Information Assurance Awareness Toolkit

I heard back from them today, They are indeed backordered, but are still taking orders.
    kr5kernel
    (kr5kernel at hotmail dot com)
    Linux: Making Penguins Cool Since 1994.

You'd think with project Echelon and their whole total communications in the western hemisphere wiretap that they would just send the kits to the people who replied to this forum...

Or maybe...it's a TRAP!

AO's Resident Redneck The Texan's Avatar
    I sent an email 4 days ago asking about how to order this but, i havent received any response! is anyone else having this problem?
    Git R Dun - Ty
    A tribe is wanted

I sent an email 4 days ago asking about how to order this but, i havent received any response! is anyone else having this problem?
    I just talked to them yesterday - and they said that e-mail should be the way to go - as it *should* have all of the information you need to provide them in order for them to document who/where they are sending the kits to and the type of kit to send out. However, you may want to follow up with a phone call in another day or so - but be prepared - they will answer the phone - just stating the number you are calling, you will have to tell them why you are calling first then they will go on from there. For some reason, they *love* the cloak and dagger stuff.

They said they would be FedEx'ing the kit(s) out - but I also believe they are probably getting overwhelmed with requests right now and I think there is like one or two people supporting that area.
    \"We\'re the middle children of history.... no purpose or place. We have no Great War, no Great Depression. Our great war is a spiritual war. Our great depression is our lives. We\'ve all been raised by television to believe that one day we\'ll all be millionaires and movie gods and rock stars -- but we won\'t. And we\'re learning slowly that fact. And we\'re very, very pissed off.\" - Tyler (Brad Pitt) Fight Club.

It took them about 3-4 days to get back to me, Like I said above, they were backordered due to overwhelming resposes. They require the address of your employer as well.
    kr5kernel
    (kr5kernel at hotmail dot com)
    Linux: Making Penguins Cool Since 1994.

o.o;;; what about students well, I guess I'll find out I just sent an email in.

o.o;;; what about students well, I guess I'll find out I just sent an email in.
    You're covered - Academia. But they will require some of your blood and a hair sample.
    \"We\'re the middle children of history.... no purpose or place. We have no Great War, no Great Depression. Our great war is a spiritual war. Our great depression is our lives. We\'ve all been raised by television to believe that one day we\'ll all be millionaires and movie gods and rock stars -- but we won\'t. And we\'re learning slowly that fact. And we\'re very, very pissed off.\" - Tyler (Brad Pitt) Fight Club.

AO's Resident Redneck The Texan's Avatar
    I finally got an email back from them, the lady asked me why i wanted the kit so i told her but theoretically i could lie and tell her anything i wanted. anyway i just said i was interested in computer security so i wanted the kit. It took them a week to get back to me and she didnt even give me any info on ordering it! so now i will have to wait another week i guess for her to get back to me and tell me how to order it.
    Git R Dun - Ty
    A tribe is wanted

I fired off a email the same day this thread was started, I asked if it was available for Canadians, didn't hear back until today.

At first they (Desiree Hernandez-Diaz) asked if I was a US Citizen, worked in the US Gov't or worked for a US based company.

I replied back no,no and no but would they know if we in Canada had any equivalent (maybe they knew, we sure as hell don't get this kind of stuff from our Gov't unless there are strings attached), so I figured with those responses that would be the end of that.

Well a few minutes later Desiree emails me back and asks what Fed ex address we use, also our mailing address and the company name. I figure okay what the heck, I reply we use DHL and then I gave her my companies full mailing address.

Well a few minutes later I get a reply and it's a thank you from them and as soon as they have resupplied they would send it out.

Well I am not usually paranoid, but this is NSA right, so what do you think will show up at my companies door in a few days, a nice little package or two big goons wearing shades

Hey we had a guy here in Halifax arrested last year at the request of the Secret Service because of posting on some newsgroups death threats, against Bush.
    http://www.cbc.ca/ns/story/ns_andrewbush20040910.html so I can't be too careful right
    PC Registered user # 2,336,789,457...

"When the water reaches the upper level, follow the rats."
    Claude Swanson

Hiya,

Genxer gave me the heads up on this and I just ordered mine! Thanks!!

-Deeboe
    If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.
    - Sun Tzu, The Art of War

http://tazforum.**********.com/