Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: NSA Free Stuff: Information Assurance Awareness Toolkit

Master-Jedi-Pimps0r & Moderator thehorse13's Avatar
    hey, what about the people who are not american or not staying in america or canada, are not working, or are just students in another country which is not their home country. we cant just call them up and place an order. like if they are asking questions like if we are americans or are working for a security firm and stuff like that. i dont even sound like an american
    Yeah, they call that **** outta luck pal.
    Our scars have the power to remind us that our past was real. -- Hannibal Lecter.
    Talent is God given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful. -- John Wooden

What you've done is participated in an NSA info gathering exercise in exchange for information that can be gotten anywhere on the net. Oh wait, you do get a nifty box stamped "NSA" with the kewl seal.
    Come on now... its the NSA... we didn't have to give them any info. They've already got it, right?
    Quitmzilla is a firefox extension that gives you stats on how long you have quit smoking, how much money you\'ve saved, how much you haven\'t smoked and recent milestones. Very helpful for people who quit smoking and used to smoke at their computers... Helps out with the urges.

Did I tell you the time I ran into this error and they probably logged my addy.

What if we're 16, a highschool student and have been interested and involved with computer security for a while?

I guess we could just give them a street address and a home phone number as a company right? This would be easy through email, think it would work? I ask before trying because I don't think it would be too smart to lie to the NSA unless I knew I could get away.

So, when you ordered, is there any reason it wouldn't work?
    \"I\'m having trouble logging into the taco.\" --Phreakphactor
    .:samy is my hero:.

Hi all!

I've been back and forth with the NSA over e-mail now the last few weeks and their final answer is that they only send to foreign countries if the recipient is American. Thats my problem, I'm not, I'm a Norwegian living and working in Norway.

Here comes my question to you dear guys and gals; Would anyone of you be an angel and relay such a nifty box over to a fellow security-geek living outside the "walls"?

I'll gladly answer the favor with a token of my appreciaction, such as a perfumed postcard with a picture of my lovely ( but not alive any more )-: cat or similar on request.

My pm-box is always open, TIA, Stian.
    Bruce Schneier can losslessly compress random data by 50%, with his fists.

I'm still waiting for my box. They were backordered when I submitted mine. As for Micromus' request, I'd have to see what agreement I consent to by default in accepting this product before I could weigh in on whether that could/should be done. I suspect that it would be worth my CISSP to relay the package to you.

Ya just don't cross the NSA.

Master-Jedi-Pimps0r & Moderator thehorse13's Avatar
    You can bet your arse that there will be a penal section for exporting the information. I look forward to visiting you in prison. By then your name should be "Bridget" and I can pwn j00 for a pack of smokes.

--TH13
    Our scars have the power to remind us that our past was real. -- Hannibal Lecter.
    Talent is God given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful. -- John Wooden

Blast From the Past
    having them send it to your house is a great question... im gonna call them now and see what i can dig up
    work it harder, make it better, do it faster, makes us stronger

Aw, TH13, you'd pay that much for li'l ol' me!

Shucks!

is that kit available for other countries like mine?
    .sig na ture.