Broken Flowers (spoiler about the film, in case you actually want to see it)

Thread: Broken Flowers (spoiler about the film, in case you actually want to see it)

Broken Flowers (spoiler about the film, in case you actually want to see it)

Hi,

Last night my fiance thought it might be fun to see a film. She chose Broken Flowers with Bill Murray, god was she wrong about the choice of film. I'm not sure i have ever spent two hours watching nothing happen before. Seriously can someone please explain to me the point in the film. I honestly wouldn't wish watching that film on my worst enemy, it was that painful, nothing happens, nothing, nudda, zip.

As far as i can make out it had a beginning, and that was it, it just began and then went on and on and on and on, no middle, no end just went on and on. I think that actually the reason why i'm writing this post is so that something, anything might come of those 2 hours. To anyone who has seen the film, please can i first offer my condolences to you, and secondly can i ask if anyone actually managed to get anything from those 2 hours?

Alll that film has is unanswered questions, not least of all is how can someone so mind numbingly boring actually get all the women that he was supposed to have got?

Seriously what the hell was up with that girl, I think we all know which one i'm talking about, did she have like an allergy to clothing or something. What actually was the point, personally i didn't even think she was all that, just naked or semi naked.

What was up with the letter?
    Who was that kid at the end with the pink ribbon?
    What happened to the last womans son?
    How did the film actually get past the conception stage?
    Why would Bill Murray actually do that film? (seriously is he like hard up or something)
    Why would cinemas actually play that film?

I would really really like to know others opinions and thoughts on this film. Did anyone actually enjoy it? If you did good for you, can you explain why so that something, anything may actually come of those 2 hours of my life.

I think i'll end my little rant there, i actually feel a little bit better now...

Matt
    www.simpleits.co.uk
    www.tazforum.**********.com
    Google is god ....... of the Internet

Frustrated Mad Scientist
    Sounds like 'Something about Schmitt'

I thought "Jack Nicholson that'll be funny". I was wrong.
    I came to the conclusion I'm just not sophisticated. I like to be entertained in the cinema and for me that means I like popcorn movies just put the brain in a jar and sit back.

Last film I saw was '40 year old Virgin', total opposite to 'Schmitt', I nearly pissed myself.

My GF only likes RomCom I'm lucky my Dad likes the same films as me - Batman Begins, Hellboy, Alien Vs Predetor + all old Arnie/Sly movies anything violent. All trash but more entertaining than all that intellectual shite.

Thanks for posting btw, I like Bill Murray but I've avoided this film and Lost in Translation because I though they might be just like you describe.

Hey Aspman

Sounds like 'Something about Schmitt'
    Are those "Schmitt triggers" you are talking about?..............should I move your post to "hardware"?

that was so bad it hurts >.<
    With all the subtlety of an artillery barrage / Follow blindly, for the true path is sketchy at best. .:Bring OS X to x86!:.
    Og ingen kan minnast dei linne drag i dronningas andlet den fagre dag Då landet her kvilte i heilag fred og alle hadde kjærleik å elske med.

Frustrated Mad Scientist
    Nihil you forgot to put this wav at the end of your post

that was so bad it hurts >.<
    Look guys 'n gals..........if you can't get Undies~ back again....................I will not be responsible for my actions?

America may not win the "Americas Cup" ................tigerfish rule?

My "Astute"ness tells me that?

http://www.mod.uk/dpa/projects/astute.htm

ShippMA I don't know what to tell you about that film, as I haven't seen it, but Rotten Tomatoes rated it as 88% which is /very/ high for their site. 154 reviews and 135 of them positive...

/shrug perhaps it was just not your type of film.

Give a man a match and he will be warm for a while, light him on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

() \/V |\| 3 |) |3\/ |\|3G47|\/3

Re: Broken Flowers (spoiler about the film, in case you actually want to see it)

Originally posted here by ShippMA
    Did anyone actually enjoy it? If you did good for you, can you explain why so that something, anything may actually come of those 2 hours of my life.
    IMDB
    As the devoutly single Don Johnston (Murray) is dumped by his latest girlfriend (Delpy), he receives a anonymous pink letter informing him that he has a son who may be looking for him. The situation causes Don to examine his relationships with women instead of moving on to the next one, and he embarks on a cross-country search for his old flames who might possess clues to the mystery at hand.
    Let me start by saying anything (especially movies) that have the words "to examine his relationships" should be be avoided at all costs! And, I guess I'll end by saying that, too.

P.S. To whomever said it...I really like Lost in Translation. - I think it was the atmosphere...the location...or something. I really like movies that don't make sense...but not romantic comedies.

Go Finland!
    Deviant Gallery

Lv4 - Your right about it not being my type of film alright. Just had a look at that site, and although it does give a good rating and the majority of those are good, they are all written by film critics. I take absolutely no notice of film critics as IMHO they tend to write as if they are philosophers giving a review on the meaning of life or something, eg:

"Like a flower, Jarmusch's story grows more beautiful as it slowly unfolds to reveal delicate but intoxicating inner truths."
    -- Sean O'Connell, FLIPSIDE MOVIE EMPORIUM

I mean seriously...
    www.simpleits.co.uk
    www.tazforum.**********.com
    Google is god ....... of the Internet