Brown's E-Mails

Thread: Brown's E-Mails

T̙͓̞̣̯ͦͭͅͅȂͧͭͧ̏̈͏̖̖Z̿ ͆̎̄

Brown's E-Mails

The investigation into Brown's handling of Hurricane Katrina may stand on these e-mails where it is alleged that he had a less than professional attitude talking about his sh!tty days and clothes when he should have been dealing with the problem...over 1000 e-mails are under the investigative eye...

http://i.a.cnn.net/cnn/2005/images/1...own.emails.pdf
    brown.emails.pdf (application/pdf Object)

Ya know I've been keeping up on the story, the powers that be are just looking for a scapegoat. FEMA was at the mercy of the Department Of Home Land Security.

The emails, will ALL be taken out of context and Brown is going to fry!. I seriously doubt, even if He had the experience, he would have been able to execute a coordinated response.

And why was he put in charge of FEMA in the first place? Who appointed him?

If I put Gore (The bastard persona - not the real life individual) in charge of my network, who's to blame when users start dropping like flies? Me or Gore?
    09:F9:11:02:9D:74:E3:5B8:41:56:C5:63:56:88:C0

In this crisis and on TV you just need to look more hard-working...ROLL UP THE SLEEVES!
    Maybe I can use this trick on my boss ...

Dress code is important ... people might be offended if you wear jeans when their house has just been blown away

C.
    Back when I was a boy, we carved our own IC's out of wood.

wow, people were rotting in streets flooded with water and others were stranded on their roofs and Brown was planning what to eat and who would be his dog-sitter.

Way to go for his priorities!!!
    Difficult takes a day, Impossible takes a week~Kthln01!

Not that I am a big fan of the cronies that fill the highist buracratic positions (Brown being one of the worst), but Brown had allready decided to leave the organization before katrina, it sees that the homeland security director (a cabnate level position) had allready explaned life to him. He was a figure head, ment ot look good on camra but not make any real decsioions that would all be done by homland security.

So while brown did nothing he had been ordered by his boss to not take any initiative, brown faild but his boss faild him as well.
    Who is more trustworthy then all of the gurus or Buddha’s?

Well, I am not sure how you run things, but over here a lot of agencies have "figureheads" who don't actually do anything. Personally I would find it rather scary if the effectiveness of such an organisation depended on one individual.

Now, behind the boss is the organisation? that should be permanent employees who know what they are doing? In this case, that organisation appears to have failed the people of the US, and it is that problem that needs to be sorted out pronto?

I would say find out why it didn't work and fix it before bothering with nonproductive scapegoat hunts.

nihil: The problem dates back to the 2000 election, after bush got into office he purged a lot of the "lifers" in the upper echalons of the verious buracracies (Parks, FEMA, CDC ect.) and replaced them with neocon cronies. This is a real mess that is being left for the next preisdent to try and fix.

AO's Resident Redneck The Texan's Avatar
    Brown has already been replaced by that other guy sorry i cant remember his name all i know is the new guy was in the military and its supposed to be bettter... anyway now the press is just looking for more ways to get people to hate Brown. he didnt do his job, he wasnt very good at it but, im almost positive they are taking those emails out of context. Brown had to have done SOMETHING at some point lol.
    Git R Dun - Ty
    A tribe is wanted

Hi bballad

I guess that probably explains some of it. Over here we have a permanent civil service, that is not politically appointed. It is their responsibility to "get the job done" and leave the PR and B/S to political appointees.

The point is that you need professional direction and continuity? a national disaster should not be a political issue....................it is an event that needs a tactical and logistical response? That response should be the same irrespective of politics? I really cannot get my mind round the concept of a "Republican hurricane" and a "Democrat hurricane"

I was honestly surprised that "the mechanism" didn't just take over, at least in the field.

Makes you wonder how they would handle a premptive (incoming) thermonuclear strike?

nihil: That is how it use to work over here as well, one of the worst things our current govement has done(and least talked about) is the politization of the civil service. They worked for 5 years before katrina to dismantal the mecanisim.