How to become a super leet hax0r.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How to become a super leet hax0r.

Master-Jedi-Pimps0r & Moderator thehorse13's Avatar

How to become a super leet hax0r.

ROFLMAO...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/159...books&v=glance

Sorry, but I couldn't help it. Someone jokingly told me I should write a book about this but I thought no one would publish it.

Anyway, have a good laugh.

--TH13
    Our scars have the power to remind us that our past was real. -- Hannibal Lecter.
    Talent is God given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful. -- John Wooden

AO's Resident Redneck The Texan's Avatar
    There are some really funny things hiding on ebay/amazon.com and that is one of them
    Git R Dun - Ty
    A tribe is wanted

hmmm just got paid, have extra cash. Should I bye it.......
    meh. -ech0.

OK amazon often dose combo deal by these books together and get a discount on both those two books useualy make sense togetehr...the combo deal on this book left me scratching my head

Buy this book with BMW 3 Series Service Manual: 1992-1998 today!
    Who is more trustworthy then all of the gurus or Buddha’s?

Posted at Amazon by Ben Rothke
    Good book, but too many anti-negative Microsoft stories
    Hah!
    ...This Space For Rent.

-[WebCarnage]

How do you go about writing a book and getting it published?

Hoopy Frood
    Originally posted here by ThePastorGang
    How do you go about writing a book and getting it published?
    http://www.soyouwanna.com/site/syws/...blishbook.html

That should tell ya all ya wanna know or at least get you started.

- Xierox
    "Personality is only ripe when a man has made the truth his own."

-- Søren Kierkegaard

Master-Jedi-Pimps0r & Moderator thehorse13's Avatar
    Before you get too excited about publishing a book, there is absolutely no money in it. A well known colleague of mine received about $7,000 for 400 hours of work. To put this in perspective, if he wrote full time, he'd make around $36,500 a year.

Moral of the story? If you're going to write a book, don't do it for the money. Do it because you want to educate others.

--TH13
    Our scars have the power to remind us that our past was real. -- Hannibal Lecter.
    Talent is God given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful. -- John Wooden

Banned
    I wouldn't bet my writing career on that advice. There is entirely too much left out. First, know the market you want to work in (Fiction, non-fiction, SF, Fantasy, Romance, Mystery, Western), and have an idea who is publishing new writers in those markets. Then, have a viable project either in the works, outlined or in first draft. I don't know of many agents or publishers who will accepts a proposal of complete blue sky from an unknown. If you have a track record and are an in-demand author, you can get multi-book contracts on spec.

Then, you might be able to follow the directions in the link. However, you would have better luck networking for an agent by working your local writers groups to find out who is accepting or looking for new talent. Of course, this also assumes you have researched your market and know who's doing what and who is looking. The process described in the link (shotgun approach to finding an agent) will just net you years of frustration and rejection from agents that have a full list and don't even look at unsolicited proposals.

Of course, this all assumes that you can actually put two coherent sentences together, and (Do While Novel = Notfinished).

Good Luck.

Originally posted here by thehorse13
    Before you get too excited about publishing a book, there is absolutely no money in it. A well known colleague of mine received about $7,000 for 400 hours of work. To put this in perspective, if he wrote full time, he'd make around $36,500 a year.

Moral of the story? If you're going to write a book, don't do it for the money. Do it because you want to educate others.

--TH13
    Hey Hey,

I make about half of what your colleague would make writing... So for me it could be for the money :P

For those of you interesting in doing a book yourself... Take a look at www.lulu.com... A former co-worker published a book through there and introduced me to it... I've been working on a book for the past little while (it's been partially shelved since I started working) and this is where I plan on taking it.

Peace,
    HT
    IT Blog: .:Computer Defense:.
    PnCHd (Pronounced Pinched): Acronym - Point 'n Click Hacked. As in: "That website was pinched" or "The skiddie pinched my computer because I forgot to patch".