Thread: Zone Alarm update

Zone Alarm update

Hey all,

I just updated Zone Alarm on a friends computer for him, version 60.667.000, I would highly recommend this to anyone who has zone alarm.

Before I updated it I ran spybot [after updating it] in safe mode and it came up clean, installed ZA update and it found 8 instances of spyware. Not things like gamespy, limewire etc but "real" spyware.

The AV is a vast improvment on the old on and a lot faster! It incorprates a spyware scanner which is extremely good. The background AV scan it very good too, I expected a delay when opening files but I didnt notice anything. Picked up on some limewire apps he was downloading straight away.

It even picked up that his Logitech mouse driver was logging his mouse movements and keystrokes, after a little research this turned out to be non malicious though, but was impressed the way it picked it up.

Very impressed with it and would recommend it too all

Hi Nokia,

I take it that this update doesn't apply to the free version?

Eg

Hey eg sorry about the delay in replying, as far as I know it is for the security suite, im not sure the free version comes with an AV??

Im my very humble opinion if you use the free one and like it, it would be very much worth paying for the security suite - (that is if you dont know any other way to get it) Ive just upgraded on my home boxes and will be reccommending it it to anyone who asks!

hm... It should also come with Zonealarm with Antivirus... obviously...
    Well...its not gonna get much better than linux!

Hi, not sure I follow you al1aprize, do you mean that the AV comes with the free version of ZA?