Humans Vs Animals
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Humans Vs Animals

AO's Resident Redneck The Texan's Avatar

Humans Vs Animals

Im no animal expert but I was watching Animal Planet and this thought just hit me: animals eat their food raw and uncooked... blood,guts everything... now us humans we have to cook our food and we usually dont drink the blood or eat the guts etc... so what differs in our digestive system that prevents us from doing it?
    Git R Dun - Ty
    A tribe is wanted

weve been cooking for thousands of years? I would think that has made our bodys not used to raw meat. Maybe before we started cooking our food we ate it raw just fine, I would think we were eating meat raw before fire came along. Why would early man cook his meat? what started that hole craze? so many questions.
    meh. -ech0.

Hi Tex~

Here ya go!

http://www.karlloren.com/human-raw-meat-diet.htm

And don't go throwing up on me huh

Three basic reasons I can think of:

1. Sterilisation
    2. Preservation
    3. Tenderisation

1. Sterilisation
    2. Preservation
    3. Tenderisation
    4.Cannibalism...

I got drunk once, and ate a heap of raw hamburger patty's, needless to say the next day i had a severe case of food poisoning.
    Not good when you got an important interview to attend.

Hi there Texan I am thinking maybe cause of food poisoning ??

B.T.W. check out this link [1] you might like some of the delacasies listed on it.

[1] Taboo Food And Drink

I'll take an order of Peruvian Guinea Pig with an order of "The Dragon and the Tiger" with a side order of "Smoked and salted horse meat on a sandwich. j.k.
    Operation Cyberslam
    \"I\'ve noticed that everybody that is for abortion has already been born.\" Author Unknown
    Microsoft Shared Computer Toolkit
    Proyecto Ututo EarthCam

Banned
    couple of points

1. from what i understand, humans started cooking (actually "smoking") meat for the purpose of preservation, not for it to taste better

2. i eat "tartar steak" (the Czech version) which is basically a raw beef w/ spices

3. WHO DOESN'T LOVE SUSHI

********** |ceWriterguy
    sushi sucks arse. Give me a piece of charred deer flesh anyday.

Eating the animal flesh, blood, bones and all would deprive us of such wonderful things as -

bone handle knives
    blood pudding, boudin, and blood sausage.
    erm..did I say bone handle knives?

Animals v. Humans? We'd whip their butts, every time - we've got the guns.

On the serious side to answer your question - it's easy really:

Critters have different bacteriae in their systems which permit digestion of certain biological parts which humans do not. Dogs can digest bone but not easily and only when taken in very small chips. Snakes, however, cannot - ask any rat skeleton that's been found in snake feces. Humans can't digest bone - even when ground to the finest powder it shows up in our 'leavings'...but we *can* digest marrow and all things muscular and blood related.

Other semi-serious reasons why we humans eat our food (mostly) cooked where the critters eat it raw:

1. They can't cook.

2. They've got other specialized bacteriae in their systems which preven them from becoming ill when eating rotten tissues - this varies in intensity from critter to critter, but they've all got it and we don't. (probably because we've eaten our stuff cooked for so long...)

3. Critters *will* eat cooked food. Ask any dog begging at your feet for dinner leftovers, or cat when you're opening a can of processed, cooked chicken or tuna.

4. Raw stuff just doesn't taste as good to us as it does to them. My cats eat in this order of preference - Fresh caught living fish, food from a can, dried cat food, things other than fresh fish they kill themselves, found dead things. Dont' ask me why they like those flopping little fishies best, but hey - I do too just because I know they're going in a frying pan soon. Try it yourself - offer a fresh caught channel-catfish to a cat and watch it go berserk tearing into it....

and finally, 5. Critters can eat stuff humans cannot - Those little red berries on the bush outside your grandma's house which are deadly poison to humans but the birds feast upon them (and leave red turds all over your car - oops, I reminisce a bit too much. ah well, you get the gist).

[edit]sorry bout all the typos - the game's on and I'm 10 beers into it already... Too bad Dallas is on its bye week...ah well.[/edit]
    Even a broken watch is correct twice a day.

Which coder said that nobody could outcode Microsoft in their own OS? Write a bit and make a fortune!

AO's Resident Redneck The Texan's Avatar
    thanx for all the links and info yall.
    Git R Dun - Ty
    A tribe is wanted

Frustrated Mad Scientist
    You can survive on raw meat and humans and ancestors did for a long time but it's easier to digest cooked meat. That saves energy on digestion and in "survival of the fittest" situations saving energy means more spare energy to breed. + the other mentioned benefits less risk of poisoning, more things to eat and it tastes better.

The Texan: most animals are at the same risks to acatchthe nasty parisites in the raw meat as humans are. If lions had oposable thumbs and new about parasites they would cook their meat.

We can eat raw meat you jsut better be real sure about the source, tape worm, hok worm, pin worms, all live in meat cookign kills the parasites.
    Who is more trustworthy then all of the gurus or Buddha’s?