Thread: Remotely Chnaging TCP/IP settings ??

Remotely Chnaging TCP/IP settings ??

Just a question guys is there any tool with which we can change ip addresses,g/w ip inside LAN ,i mean from one system with administrator passwords we can change ip address of other system remotely without doin this manually.If yes pls let me know it will save a hell lot of my time ( iam not interested in binding 2 ip in same PC).

bat21
    GOD BLESS YOU

Hmm, ...
    Malware now doing the DNS switcheroo
    Malware does it, but it's not remote.
    If you change the IP adress, you're going to get disconnected, so remember that much.
    What operating system are you talking about? If Windows, I don't know, sorry; if anything else*, yeah, you can.

AGA member 14460 || KGS : Trevoke and games archived

In XP you can do it in a LAN with Remote Desktop log on as administrator and manoveour to
    control panel network connectionsselect network and internet connections then network connections double click on your active LAN or Internet connection right click go to properties select tcp/ip select properties in the general tab click use the following IP address and assign desired IP restart computer and your good to go
    By the sacred **** of the sacred psychedelic tibetan yeti ....We\'ll smoke the chinese out
    The 20th century pharoes have the slaves demanding work
    http://muaythaiscotland.com/

AOs Resident Troll
    Like Trevoke said...you will get disconnected...once the settings are applied...but you should be able to reconnect..(depending on the network setup etc)

If it is a windows xp machine...you can use the remote desktop...you will also need admin rights on the machine.

MLF
    How people treat you is their karma- how you react is yours-Wayne Dyer

OOOPS i forgot to mention its Win XP professional LAN.............. yup ur right i will be disconnected but my admin PC have diff. subnets ip add bind , generally i only change the 3rd octet bcoz morning shift requires other subnet and mine shift i.e night shift requires other subnet ...........some VPN tunnel issue.Remote Dektop is ok........but is there any command line tool there ..............???

bat21
    GOD BLESS YOU

If you use a Windows environment you can script the Ip change by using netsh.

EG:

netsh interface ip set address "<connection name>" static <ip_address>
    <netmask> <gateway> <metric>

Or just type netsh in a cmd box ..it will give you a prompt ..then type "?" and away you go ...

Or go for Google ... and search for scripts and IP change ..it will give you lots of links.

Most of these scripts can be used in multiple OS'es to

C.
    Back when I was a boy, we carved our own IC's out of wood.

THANX Cemetric.............. I searched google about netsh.........i got a solution of my problem a bit.....To change the IP address of a remote system on the network add the required IP address in netsh command and then the same command can be made to run at the remote system by adding it to the schduler of the remote system..........one forum told me the trick

thx
    bat21
    GOD BLESS YOU

What about using the pstools from sysinternals? I never used them and some antivirus software sees them as 'malware' but you could use psexec to do whatever you want on the remote box.

The tools included in the PsTools suite are:

PsExec - execute processes remotely

PsFile - shows files opened remotely

PsGetSid - display the SID of a computer or a user

PsInfo - list information about a system

PsKill - kill processes by name or process ID

PsList - list detailed information about processes

PsLoggedOn - see who's logged on locally and via resource sharing

PsLogList - dump event log records
    PsPasswd - changes account passwords

PsService - view and control services

PsShutdown - shuts down and optionally reboots a computer

PsSuspend - suspend and resume processes

Requirements
    Some of the tools require that the default admin$ share be available and/or that the Remote Registry service be active.

THANX Cemetric
    No prob ... Glad you found the info usefull ...it was a bit short but I was tired and I have to get up at 5 am so I went to bed after that post .

C.
    Back when I was a boy, we carved our own IC's out of wood.