Thread: Organize MP3s/CDs

Organize MP3s/CDs

I have all of my CDs on my hard drive, but they were all ripped with different programs. Is there a program that I can use to fix titles or file names? Someone was talking about such a program on another forum I was reading, but I can't seem to find it. I would like to update all of my mp3's to fix the folders and titles and maybe store the files in some sort of fashion that Windows does with the CD cover on the folder and such. Again, I've been ripping my CDs to MP3s for years, so not many were ripped with the same program.

I found: Music Label 2006 12.0.1 (checking it out right now)

amaroK maybe, I just read about it in Linux Journal. Have not had a chance to try it out though.
    iPod support
    Download covers from Amazon
    Download lyrics

http://amarok.kde.org/

Originally posted here by Info Tech Geek
    I found: Music Label 2006 12.0.1 (checking it out right now)
    Let me know how these work out for you. I'm looking to do the same thing. Except... I have about 250 gigs to organize now... I'd like to convert them all over to one format as some are wma, mp3, ogg, flac, shn, wav, etc.

I started to organize them by \band\cd\ and have them in pretty good shape. However, they are spanning 3 hard drives. (all separate... not raid or anything). I have a backup copy on a 800gig tape from work. It would have taken forever to burn all that to dvd. I've been looking at the external hard disks for "offsite storage".
    Quitmzilla is a firefox extension that gives you stats on how long you have quit smoking, how much money you\'ve saved, how much you haven\'t smoked and recent milestones. Very helpful for people who quit smoking and used to smoke at their computers... Helps out with the urges.