Thread: Erratic Site Disclaimer Notifications

Erratic Site Disclaimer Notifications

Found it interesting and useful to discuss here.

I just came across the phrase 'code 431.322.12' in some website's Disclaimer.

The disclaimer reads as

By entering the following site you are agreeing to the following:

You are not affiliated with any government, ANTI-Piracy group or any other related group, or were formally a worker of one. If you fit this category you are not permitted to enter the site, access any of its files nor view any of the HTML files. If you break these rules you are violating code 431.322.12 of the Internet Privacy Act signed by Bill Clinton in 1995 and that means that you CANNOT threaten our ISP(s) or any person(s) or company storing these files, and cannot prosecute any person(s) affiliated with this page which includes family, friends or individuals who run or enter this web site.

The true story is here

http://www.lpconline.com/internet_privacy_act.html

Please note that the websites in the above list may contain illegal/unethical material and there may be a serious risk of spam, phishing, identity theft etc. through them, so users should exercise precaution while visiting them.

That "Myth" has been around for some time. Urban Legends
    PC Registered user # 2,336,789,457...

"When the water reaches the upper level, follow the rats."
    Claude Swanson

I think that it is an interesting "heads up" in that a site that will display it is obviously up to no good?

The problem is that internet "law" is not global...................?

EDIT: One of my regular suppliers............but no funny "warnings"..................just remember that the cactus is worth at least 10 times its drug content?

http://www.azarius.net/cat_cacti.html