Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Burglar kidnaps talking parrot

Burglar kidnaps talking parrot

This story is so funny (on the one side that is)

Criminal mastermind David Carlile kidnapped a talking African Grey parrot he encountered during an uninivited visit to a remote country house because he thought it would grass him up to the Old Bill, UK tabloid the Sun reports.

You know parrots do talk too much ...

A suitably-impressed police source noted: "We were in stitches. This guy really thought we could interview the parrot. It's just as well we nicked him through fingerprints and DNA — I wouldn't have liked to have introduced the parrot to a judge as our chief prosecution witness."
    Yeah I bet they have special parrot translators ..you can't be too carefull these days.

Full story Here

Some people

The sad side of the story is that the parrot now is roaming in the wild searching for white grapes !?

C.
    Back when I was a boy, we carved our own IC's out of wood.

Look, I took the liberty of examining that parrot when I got it home, and I discovered the only reason that it had been sitting on its perch in the first place was that it had been NAILED there.
    They could always enlist these guys to interrogate the parrot when they find it.

Parrots and Such
    PC Registered user # 2,336,789,457...

"When the water reaches the upper level, follow the rats."
    Claude Swanson

Hey Cemetric

That is what it is like over here?

Only recently I can report:

Burgar breaks into a house, and is looking around with his pencil torch..............

A voice says: "Jesus and I are watching you"

He panics and looks all around...................

Eventually he sees an Amazonian Grey on a perch........he has to humour the parrot before it raises merry hell?

He says: "pretty polly, what is your name?"

The parrot replies: "Imogen"

The burglar says: "Imogen? that's a funny name for a parrot"

The parrot replies: "Not half as funny as calling a Rottweiler Jesus"

Jesus and I are watching you......................................

That is what it is like over here?
    Man and you folks are so close ..if it wasn't for the puddle of water in between us

The sad side of the story is that the parrot now is roaming in the wild searching for white grapes !?
    Hmm i've never heard of white grapes before..

Jesus and I are watching you......................................
    more like jesus is about to eat you..

Cemetric

Wacht heil! Drink heil!

You didn't know that we can speak 7th Century Saxon?................why are we called "AngloSaxons"?

Wacht heil! Drink heil
    Wait now where is that google translator ... Anglosaxon ---> plain english ... no not recognised.

Think you will have to write me a translator nihil , I have the Anglo down but the Saxon isn't my cup of tea !

C.

Hi Cemetric

That is Saxon...........it means "I wish you health, I drink to your health"...............the Angles and Saxons were two Germanic tribes that occupied England after the Romans?

Vortigern was a famous Saxon king.............I believe that he married a Welsh princess?

There used to be a saying: "It will take 10 Normans to beat a Saxon, and 10 Saxons to beat a Viking"...............1066 showed the fallacy of that argument, as the Saxon king Harold beat Harald Hadrada at the battle of Stamford Bridge, then lost to William of Normandy?

That is Saxon...........it means "I wish you health, I drink to your health"...............the Angles and Saxons were two Germanic tribes that occupied England after the Romans?
    Well thanks for the enlightenment and history lesson ...

But to finish it off ""horum omnium fortissimi sunt Belgae" (out all of those Gauls the Belgians are the most brave)

*Gloat* *Gloat*

C.

Hi nihil,

Ever think that maybe you missed your true calling? There's a military history class waiting patiently someplace for their teacher to show up...

Eg