Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Passwords that should NEVER be used!

cross I don't know about you, but I get the impression that the guy just took some pass cracking file and copied what was in there?

There are certainly quite a few "defaults" from way back.

I don't think that lists such as that are very useful, other than that you would use them to check for known default passwords that migh be included in a cracking dictionary. Otherwise you would base it on a common language dictionary (English may not be appropriate )

I would say that the solution should lie in establishing an appropriate policy in the first instance, and checking that all passwords meet this policy before they are accepted.

Banned
    I would say that the solution should lie in establishing an appropriate policy in the first instance, and checking that all passwords meet this policy before they are accepted.
    http://www.antionline.com/showthread...&postid=868869

Singing a different tune from the start of that thread I see.

cheers,

catch

Originally posted here by cross
    that is the worst reference I have ever seen. Besides the fact that they have a lot of common english words on there (you shouldn't use ANY simple word by itself, regardless if its on that list or not!), they are missing some of the WORST ones to use, eg:
    qwerty
    abc123
    blue32
    Hey, whats wrong with qwerty? And how do you know my AO password!