Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Website to website malware scanning

Frustrated Mad Scientist
    I've been playing around with Black Widow and I'm find it useful.
    I've been using it to scan a site and then download pages without browsing and then I've been looking at the source code for the pages to try to see what is going on.

This is useful to me when I'm looking into misuse of the corporate internet connection also.

What I could use now (and I'd search for it if I knew what to ask) is an html analyser. Something I could dump source code into and which would list images, links, scripts etc. Just to speed things up by trawling through a page by hand plus things are easily missed.

Does such a thing exist?

Hi ASP~

You might take a look at this site?

http://www.spadixbd.com/elink/

Look at the tools down the left as well

Hi, I just noticed your site. Lots of info and good layout. But I've noticed this list of links on other web sites too. I hate ********. Or any kind of WARE. But I own the Bluecalf.com listed on page 1 of this threead. It's been almost 1 year now. There is no /info.html page. But anyway if you add the WWW or not and just type http:// without the WWW it still goes back to the same Bluecalf.com I baught almost 1 year ago. I checked by copy and paste the link in my browser to make sure I wasn't typing it in wrong. It's the same. And I never use E-Mail for ********. And since opening there's only 3 users besides me. So nobody to really E-Mail.

So my question is. Is there any site that tells if anybody ever used to own the site before me? Perhaps a previous owner was into this mail ware or what havbe you.

Thanks,
    Confusimo

DrWeb Plugin that can be used to scan links for free.
    It uses online scan engine so all you have installed on you computer is few entries in the registry,..prety smart

"Check the link in browser with Dr.Web plug-in"
    http://download.drweb.com/drweb+anti...ces/?lng=en#01
    // too far away outside of limit

Well I ran the online DrWeb thing and it says I'm OK. But that still doesn't say if anyone used to own the site before me. I'm clean now, but some history would be great.

Thanks,
    Confusimo

AFLAAACKKK!!
    Buying and downloading tools really isn't necessary...

By typing "view-source:http://www.google.com" in the address bar you can view the source without going to the site first... It doesn't work with IE6 anymore... but I think it still works with firefox.
    I am the uber duck!!1
    Proxy Tools

Frustrated Mad Scientist
    Thats handy Duck. Didn't know you could do it direct.

I was just being lazy and wanted a tool that would strip out links, images etc and put them in a table.

Hi Asp~

Have you checked that second link yet? I think it uses some kind of excel table.

Frustrated Mad Scientist
    Hi Nihil,

no I haven't not yet.
    Looks like I'd better.

Ta.

Or maybe a better question is how I even made it on that list? Or how I can get off?

I don't practice those bad things, but nobody knows that. And nobody will visit a site that they think is practicing those bad things.

Thansk,
    confusimo