Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Explorer Problem

Explorer Problem

Hey Hey,

I've attached a screenshot, but basically when I access OWA 2003, and go to reply, forward or new message I get the regular new window; however, I'm missing my textbox to type a message in. I'm running 2000 Pro (all the updates) and IE 6 SP 1.

I've reinstalled IE and still no go.. I could switch to a new browser but when you're doing web design you need to check it against all browsers and I'd like to know that the browser is full functional.. I have no idea how many other problems could come up that are directly related to this.

So basically, has anyone ever seen something like this before?

Peace,
    HT

HT~

Can you try another browser just to test if it is IE/OWA and not something else going on?

Also, you say:

I'm missing my textbox to type a message in
    Do you mean you cannot access the textbox? I notice that there is some sort of image that has not been rendered...............the little square with the red cross in it in the top left of the textbox.

Sorry, I don't use OWA, but that little box puzzles me.

Originally posted here by nihil
    HT~

Can you try another browser just to test if it is IE/OWA and not something else going on?

Also, you say:

Do you mean you cannot access the textbox? I notice that there is some sort of image that has not been rendered...............the little square with the red cross in it in the top left of the textbox.

Sorry, I don't use OWA, but that little box puzzles me.

Hey Hey,

I just tested it on IE on my computer at home and it works fine there and on Netscape 6.2 here and it worked fine on there.

That little square with the red cross that normally means an image is not being rendered.. That's what I'm getting instead of a big white textbox where I should be able to type in the body of my email.

Peace,
    HT

HTRegz , are you using S/MIME , if not ...enabling/configuring this might solve the problem ..I seem to recall a similar problem a time ago ...we configured S/MIME and the problem was solved.

Here is a link to the "how to" page if you need it.

If you need more info ...don't hesitate ... I'm about to go for diner but I'll pop in later.

C.
    Back when I was a boy, we carved our own IC's out of wood.

Originally posted here by Cemetric
    HTRegz , are you using S/MIME , if not ...enabling/configuring this might solve the problem ..I seem to recall a similar problem a time ago ...we configured S/MIME and the problem was solved.

Here is a link to the "how to" page if you need it.

If you need more info ...don't hesitate ... I'm about to go for diner but I'll pop in later.

C.
    Thanks for the advice Cemetric, however this only this copy of IE that it happens with... so it's not OWA specific.

Peace,
    HT

AOs Resident Troll
    I remember seeing a thread about this.....cause my friend was having this issue

Has to do with Oct 11 updates...and registry permissions

Try rolling back this update...and see if that fixes it

Security Update for Windows XP (KB896688)

Worked for my friend

I gonna try and find that thread.....

MLF
    How people treat you is their karma- how you react is yours-Wayne Dyer

Well, on this website they are speaking about S/MIME for windows XP SP2 ...I know you are using Windows 2000 pro, but on the bottom of that page someone is referencing to some regkeys

The following error is caused by two missing registry keys related to the following within the OWA message window.

OBJECT class="MSGBODY" classid="clsid:2D360201-FFF5-11D1-8D03-00A0C959BC0A"

You should have two registry keys - These are probably missing.
    HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{2D360200-FFF5-11D1-8D03-00A0C959BC0A}
    HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{2D360201-FFF5-11D1-8D03-00A0C959BC0A}

These are referenced to two other keys
    DHTMLEdit.DHTMLEdit
    DHTMLSafe.DHTMLSafe
    It is to do with the message body ...same kind of error you have and with IE6 so maybe worth trying/checking ??

C.

AOs Resident Troll
    DOH!!!!!

Just realized you said............2000 pro

It has to do with that IE update....I believe (not sure) the update is the same for both xp\2000

Sorry....should read the WHOLE post

MLF

Edit

I would still try and roll back the patch

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/sec.../MS05-052.mspx

EDIT EDIT

This update is breaking OWA for me on one workstation I have found on my network thus far. When logging into OWA, the email page gets stuck on Loading...
    Found here...googling

http://weblogs.asp.net/jamauss/archi...18/427753.aspx

Dont see a fix.....I beleive there is a reg edit...sorry dont have time right now to look further....
    How people treat you is their karma- how you react is yours-Wayne Dyer

Hey Hey,

Thanks for all the attempted help everyone... I guess I'll try rolling back the update next and see if that solves it.

Cemetric: I tried the instructions as posted there and all they did was change the image associated with the missing text box.. (see attached)

Peace,
    HT

Cemetric: I tried the instructions as posted there and all they did was change the image associated with the missing text box.. (see attached)
    Shame ... let us know if the rollback works ...looks like a good tip .

C.