"Windows Vista"

Thread: "Windows Vista"

Red face "Windows Vista"

Source: About.com

The best operating system ever offered for a personal PC, optimized for the individual. Windows Vista Ultimate Edition is a superset of both Vista Home Premium and Vista Pro Edition, so it includes all of the features of both of those product versions, plus adds Game Performance Tweaker with integrated gaming experiences, a Podcast creation utility (under consideration, may be cut from product), and online "Club" services (exclusive access to music, movies, services and preferred customer care) and other offerings (also under consideration, may be cut from product). Microsoft is still investigating how to position its most impressive Windows release yet, and is looking into offering Ultimate Edition owners such services as extended A1 subscriptions, free music downloads, free movie downloads, Online Spotlight and entertainment software, preferred product support, and custom themes. There is nothing like Vista Ultimate Edition today. This version is aimed at high-end PC users and technology influencers, gamers, digital media enthusiasts, and students.
    Source: Microsoft
    Modularization. Windows Vista is built with inter-dependent modules, which makes it easier to customize Windows Vista (to a certain degree) to your needs. Modularization also simplifies adding device drivers, testing and installing updates, and adding languages.

Will Windows XP compatibelt with Windows Vista file system type?
    // too far away outside of limit

********** |ceWriterguy
    It's still Windows - which is why I'm switching to (and learning) Linux effective today (if I can get Ubuntu to cooperate, it was being quirky.)
    Even a broken watch is correct twice a day.

Which coder said that nobody could outcode Microsoft in their own OS? Write a bit and make a fortune!

The best operating system ever offered for a personal PC,
    <Insert Sarcasm>
    So does that mean that they will still be having Security Patch/Update day On Tuesday's ...
    </End Sarcasm>

Cause i don't know if i can change my Busy schedule to accomodate a different day..

cheers
    front2back

The Recidivist
    ummm......Ubuntu quirky? It has like 5 or 6 options during install. What are you having problems with?

That was by far the easiest install I have ever done...

Ry
    "Where the tree of knowledge stands, there is always paradise": thus speak the oldest and the youngest serpents.
    - Friedrich Nietzsche

I cant wait for vista to come out! why? simple, when a new OS comes out theres always that time when all the bugs and exploits come out for it. IT will be on fire for a few months as everything gets picked at. Remember kids dont upgrade unless you have to - theres cutting edge, then theres bleeding edge..........and I want to see what new shnazy default wallpaper comes with it. Will they keep the hill and clouds? dun dun dun........
    meh. -ech0.

********** |ceWriterguy
    see my new thread hjack - I won't hijack this one - but I'm still needing help.

You can find said thread here:
    http://www.antionline.com/showthread...hreadid=271941
    Even a broken watch is correct twice a day.

Which coder said that nobody could outcode Microsoft in their own OS? Write a bit and make a fortune!

The best operating system ever offered for a personal PC, optimized for the individual. Windows Vista Ultimate Edition is a superset of both Vista Home Premium and Vista Pro Edition, so it includes all of the features of both of those product versions, plus adds Game Performance Tweaker with integrated gaming experiences, a Podcast creation utility (under consideration, may be cut from product), and online "Club" services (exclusive access to music, movies, services and preferred customer care) and other offerings (also under consideration, may be cut from product). Microsoft is still investigating how to position its most impressive Windows release yet, and is looking into offering Ultimate Edition owners such services as extended A1 subscriptions, free music downloads, free movie downloads, Online Spotlight and entertainment software, preferred product support, and custom themes. There is nothing like Vista Ultimate Edition today. This version is aimed at high-end PC users and technology influencers, gamers, digital media enthusiasts, and students.
    Sounds fabulous... but I think I'll stick to Gentoo.

-Ch4r
    http://binaryuniverse.net
    irc.binaryuniverse.net (#binaryuniverse)

The best operating system ever offered for a personal PC
    Yeah.. I remember when XP Me 98se was the best operating system ever..
    That was also a year before it got released..

This was a completely useless read.. That guy must have been infected by a marketing droid..
    ASCII stupid question, get a stupid ANSI.
    When in Russia, pet a PETSCII.

Get your ass over to SLAYRadio the best station for C64 Remixes !

the thing is still unstable. most (by most i mean is 80-90%) of the programs are still not configured to operate on it just yet. this has been said before. i had installed windows vista. it ran fine. but there is still no support and wont be till weeks after its release. of course the IT will be on fire. as thousands of users, each using it for different reasons, will come across different problems. then again we stat getting patches, then sercive packs etc etc.
    some times it would just wont do something or the other and there are not many people who can help.

and the people go...."told you so"......"you had to install windows version before it's released, well this is what happens"
    you are entering the vicinity of an area adjecent to the location.

I won't be immediatly upgrading for two reasons:
    1.) My computer can't handle it.
    2.) I'll wait for all the worms for it get released before I upgrade; like ech0 said.
    WARNING: THIS SIGNATURE IS SHAREWARE PLEASE REGISTER THIS SIGNATURE BY SENDING ME MONEY TO SEE THE COMPLETE SIGNATURE!