Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sdram + Ddr??

Question Sdram + Ddr??

This question is just out of curiousity. Memory, best known as copyright now...told me that he has his comp setup with DDR and SDRAM together, but who, in the right mind, ever believed him? So I'm just curious is this possible...is this even reccommended? If not, can I even put a DDR ram stick into a SDRAM slot? (I've never seen a DDR stick, so i don't know if it's any different..)
    WARNING: THIS SIGNATURE IS SHAREWARE PLEASE REGISTER THIS SIGNATURE BY SENDING ME MONEY TO SEE THE COMPLETE SIGNATURE!

I think that he's talking rubbish..

DDR RAM PICTURE

The DDR RAM sticks have only 1 groove.

SD RAM PICTURE

The SD RAM sticks have 2 grooves..

Doesn't take a surgeon to notice he's pullin the wool ova yah.

Just look at the 2 pages, and you'll notice that the sticks are different...

cheers
    front2back

haha i can't believe he fell for it, i thought he knew something about computers.

I have two DDR sticks.
    O.G at A.O

i thought he knew something about computers.
    Unfortunatly we arn't ALL Experts like yourself...

I have two DDR sticks.

I'm sure you do...

<side note>
    Could a Mod move this thread to Hardware
    </end side note>

\"And life is what we make it. Always has been, always will be.\"

.told me that he has his comp setup with DDR and SDRAM together
    This is quite possible, I have seen it....................it was the reason why the computer did not work

There are motherboards that support SDRAM and DDRAM. They are separate banks, and the machine will only boot with ONE memory type. Similarly, there are older boards that support EDO RAM and SDRAM.

The memory will only fit in its own slot type so you cannot make a mistake.

haha i can't believe he fell for it, i thought he knew something about computers.

I have two DDR sticks.
    Computers not DDR sticks I've only had one desktop computer my whole life

And thanks Singh but I know what DDR stands for

*continues looking for teh perfect video card in his price range, this chipset is outdated* and no Mem, a PCIe video card wont fit into a PCI slot.....I've already researched that! &gt;:O

EDIT : Another memory question; as I took out a RAM stick of my friend to check weather it was SDRAM or DDR, I accidently put it in wrong and it said "ERROR Lower memory" or something similar, would windows NOT boot if it has lower memory than last time it was booted? (not like i want to DEGRADE in terms of memory, 192mb is bad enough as is, just curious)

btw, if nobody has noticed yet, I've been making a lot of hardware related posts trying to boost up my crappy 5yr old PC performance to better suit the needs of leading technology. (This thing came with 64mb of RAM, the minimum for Win98, Win98, Intel Chipset, P3 56*mHz [* = i forgot that digit] 10gb of HD space, now 192 mb of RAM, WinXP, 1 CD-RW drive..later to be upgraded to a DVD-RW, 50gb of hard drive space [much needed except I only have had it for about a month and already have only 10gb of space left :S)

EDIT2 After looking around newegg for like 10 minutes lol, I've managed to find one that I like. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814103167 which leads me to my next question, does the memory type of the video card have anything to do with the compatabilty of the video card to your motherboard? example, I have SDRAM, the video card is DDR, will that be an issue?
    WARNING: THIS SIGNATURE IS SHAREWARE PLEASE REGISTER THIS SIGNATURE BY SENDING ME MONEY TO SEE THE COMPLETE SIGNATURE!

They took out the bump feature thanks to a special someone xD

Hi Raion

Please post the full specifications of what you have, then we can attempt to advise you

It is a 566Mhz PIII.................a nice chip!

I do some refurbs for this local charity, and have managed to get a PI/133 to run within 12% of a PII/266.............it CAN be done

Don't worry about the RAM type on your video card, it will work just fine...............the limitation is in the connection.............PCI is 33Mhz, ASA (who has those?) is 12.5Mhz and the more modern connections go from 66-133Mhz.

PM if you need anything "bumped"

PCI is 33Mhz, ASA (who has those?)
    I do believe i've got a few lyin around in a drawer someplace..

&lt;Off Topic&gt;
    I finally got a new copy of win3.1 i installed it on a old 286 computer, and oh how great it felt to re-live the good ol' days..
    Been playin Pong and other 2D games all day WOOOT WOOOT..
    &lt;/Back to Topic&gt;