Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sdram + Ddr??

Windows XP Professional (5.1 - 2600), Intel P3 Celeron (Cu), 567mhz, 128kb, 191MB of RAM
    those are my specs (was in my profile )
    WARNING: THIS SIGNATURE IS SHAREWARE PLEASE REGISTER THIS SIGNATURE BY SENDING ME MONEY TO SEE THE COMPLETE SIGNATURE!

OK my friend,

You are running way too little RAM. I would want 512Mb in that outfit, or I would run 98SE and stop there?

What memory slots have you got?...............you need 512Mb for Win XP

Sorry about not checking profile...............I should not even be talking hardware?.........we tend to deal with a lot of types?

Please keep this thread running............you might wish to look at Win 2000?

.you need 512Mb for Win XP
    i thought that 320Mb was more then enough to run XP Pro...

I make no sudden movements and slowly grab another stick of Ram, and slowly insert it into Box. Making sure that i don't make any eye contact with Nihil, in fears he might Banish me from AO

uh, I understand I'm running little RAM but I actually meet the minimum required. Which is 128 for pro not sure about home. http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/p...g/sysreqs.mspx
    WARNING: THIS SIGNATURE IS SHAREWARE PLEASE REGISTER THIS SIGNATURE BY SENDING ME MONEY TO SEE THE COMPLETE SIGNATURE!

I have a 256 stick and a 128 stick, Xp Pro runs smooth as it can.....even when i had two 128 sticks it didnt or crash.

Raion - DONT buy Radeon....Nvidia ROCKS ! just a suggestions since i've used nvidia cards for 4 years. i did hear Radeon isn't bad either.
    O.G at A.O

Actually, I read that ATI Radeon v4 (forgot the versions so random number there) was considerably better than Gforce v4. If im not mistaken Nvidia uses gforce chipsets..

They call me the Hunted foxyloxley's Avatar
    but I actually meet the minimum required. Which is 128 for pro
    MINIMUM does not = usable even M$ 'suggest' 256MB for XP

as a MINIMUM - double it to 256, THEN do the M$ thing, and DOUBLE it

512MB and it will run smoooooth ........... well, as smooth as a windows box gets anyway
    so now I'm in my SIXTIES FFS
    WTAF, how did that happen, so no more alterations to the sig, it will remain as is now

Beware of Geeks bearing GIF's
    come and waste the day :P at The Taz Zone

my computer only lags when I have a lot of things open, runs pretty smooth if u ask me...or maybe I'm just used to this speed? :P

<excuse for not wasting money on upgrading> must be really annoying having things open up when u actually click it and immediatly. I spend most of my time on the computer waiting, keeps me entertained </excuse for not wasting money on upgrading>

They call me the Hunted foxyloxley's Avatar
    how much memory does task manager show you to be using when you are in 'full flow' ??

if it shows you to be using 185 [for example] then you are having to page file the excess 50+ MB, which WILL slow you RIGHT down ......

the correct amount of RAM is NOT an upgrade, rather it should be considered an essential
    so now I'm in my SIXTIES FFS
    WTAF, how did that happen, so no more alterations to the sig, it will remain as is now

Beware of Geeks bearing GIF's
    come and waste the day :P at The Taz Zone

Well, I appreciate all the comments and suggestions, and i might, just might get a new RAM stick along with my video card. However my question still hasnt been answered. Does the type of RAM the video card need to be the same type of RAM that my computer uses?