Event ID 1008 - ASP .Net Related
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Event ID 1008 - ASP .Net Related

Event ID 1008 - ASP .Net Related

Hey Hey,

Has anyone installed the .Net Framework 2.0 update from Windows Update on SBS 2000 yes, or any Windows for that matter?

I came in last night to run a series of updates... I decided that I'd do the the framework update as well..

Ever since I've been getting ridiculous numbers of Event ID 1008 Errors in my Event Log.

The Open Procedure for service "ASP.NET_2.0.50727" in DLL "C:\WINNT\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\aspnet_perf.dll" failed. Performance data for this service will not be available. Status code returned is data DWORD 0.
    Now I've tried the following:

diskperf /n
    perfmon.msc --> stopping all performance monitors
    Changing the DLL in the registry so that it accessed the same DLL as ASP.Net 1.x (aspnet_isapi.dll) which ASP.Net 2.0 also has.
    Restarting Performance and Alerts through services.msc

Unfortunately this is our exchange server and the hub of our daily operations, so I can't attempt anything that requires a reboot.

To give you an idea, my Applications Event Log is limited to 1MB which is 4405 events (at the moment anyways)... My log only goes back to 7:56am (today) The last 10 events have been logged in at:
    10:07:21
    10:07:21
    10:07:19
    10:07:19
    10:07:18
    10:07:18
    10:07:02
    10:07:02
    10:07:01
    10:07:01
    There are 6 before that before 10:06:59 appears and now as I hit refresh, 62 in the minute it took me to create that list.

Anyways.. if anyone has seen this or knows a fix... There's plenty of fixes, but they are related to other services. It would be greatly appreciated.

Peace,
    HT
    IT Blog: .:Computer Defense:.
    PnCHd (Pronounced Pinched): Acronym - Point 'n Click Hacked. As in: "That website was pinched" or "The skiddie pinched my computer because I forgot to patch".

I'm not sure of any fixes for that HT, but I've been starting to hear that the new 2.0 framework is breaking some asp.net apps.

I haven't upgraded our servers yet because of that.
    =

Originally posted here by cheyenne1212
    I'm not sure of any fixes for that HT, but I've been starting to hear that the new 2.0 framework is breaking some asp.net apps.

I haven't upgraded our servers yet because of that.
    Hey Hey,

Thanks for the follow up... I'm going to give it a week (it's not a noticeable detriment to the server) and when I'm in this weekend upgrading our backup solution, if there's still no fix available.. then I'm going to rollback on the update.

Peace,
    HT
    PnCHd (Pronounced Pinched): Acronym - Point 'n Click Hacked. As in: "That website was pinched" or "The skiddie pinched my computer because I forgot to patch".

Hey Hey,

Since this problem is also coming up on Google Groups, I know it's not unique to me.. so here's a follow up on more things that I've attempted (no sense in wasting your time if it happens to you)..

winmgmt /clearadap
    winmgmt /resyncperf

Rename the Open Key in Performance and Restarted the remote registry service

Insalll the Extensible Performance Counter List (Using it to disable the performance counter)

There's still this option -- http://support.microsoft.com/?id=300956 however it seems very long and tedious.... Microsoft has an automated solution - Performance Counter Rebuild Wizard (PCRW), however you have to call tech support to get it.

Peace,
    HT

Yea, ran into it once - this was the fix

http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;en-us;174690

/edit mis read your error message. DO NOT REBOOT Yet
    09:F9:11:02:9D:74:E3:5B8:41:56:C5:63:56:88:C0

Ok Sorry about the first reply:

This article applies to all performance counters.

http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;en-us;828872

Note The following information applies to 1008 events in general, not only to the NBF service.

Originally posted here by dinowuff
    Ok Sorry about the first reply:

This article applies to all performance counters.

http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;en-us;828872
    Hey Hey,

I've already got the box unchecked and the key deleted... My problem is my inability to reboot the machine... It's our exchange server and it's the heartbeat of the company... Sundays are about the only day I can get away with it being down... Unfortunately I'm beginning to think that I'll haev to live with it until Sunday.

Peace,
    HT

mailto: Global Address List

Good Morning All:

Due to a newly released security threat - or if there is anyone there that you can't bullshit - a immediate need, some network services will be off line between 12:00 and 1:00 p.m today (Lunch)

I will let everyone know when service is restored.

The global after the re boot:

Good afterneoon:

All network services are back on line, if you are having trouble with email, please reboot prior to calling the help desk.

Now if you had been at the job for a few years you could unplug the helpdesk phone, but since you're new, you'll probably spend the rest of the day rebooting PC's. YES YOU! Individual visits and first impressions of being a nice guy will take you far. The bastard stuff comes later.

Heh...

It'd be funny if I was allowed that.. but operation and function come before IT here... especially before security.... my job is to keep them billing the clients... regardless of the damage that is caused..

Peace,
    HT

Welcome to the real world.

Let us know if the fix works after the reboot. I have not had any problems with the .net framework. I'd be curious to see if the upgrade/patch did indeed cause the problem.

Dino