Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Copy protected CD's - How?

I've bought many audio CD's and have noticed that when you view them in "My computer" they dont show the audio tracks, just some data files.
    I have just had a quick look, and they don't seem to work like that. There is a folder with the playlist and presumably a reference to a cue point. The music doesn't appear to be in a file as such, just a continuous stream of data.

I tried several tools and couldn't get it to display

yea actually the cactus data shield works much like you mention, my mistake, although is it possible to burn outside of the ISO standards and use the first 20 sectors? is this basically creating a raw CD, and if so what tools do any of you know of to use for this?

i2c

Hi i2c

I am not sure exactly what you are trying to do, so please forgive me if this is irrelevant.

1. I have used installation software that automatically installs stuff you pack in it. It is just one big file of gibberish (presumably encrypted) and can autoexecute or load on a double click. It must have cue points within it so the installer can find the file headers?

2. The CDs I looked at were NOT copy protected, that just seems to be how they are formatted? I know that stuff like cactus messes with the track data so an ordinary CD player will correct it and play it properly but old ones and PCs will not. Other technology has CD files and a duplicate set of MP3s for PC playing. Naturally the MP3 quality is not good

Hope that helps