Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Copy protected CD's - How?

Copy protected CD's - How?

Hiya,

I've bought many audio CD's and have noticed that when you view them in "My computer" they dont show the audio tracks, just some data files.

How do these work (any good links about the name of this method, that I can look up?) and also how would one go about using this technique for something that isnt an Audio disc, what i want to do is "hide" the files using this type of means, if you understand me

thanks for your help,

i2c

They call me the Hunted foxyloxley's Avatar
    Quick 'n' dirty

pop 'em into the CD-RW .......... copy the files you want to your HDD
    then burn these to a blank CD
    then put the newly burnt CD into the CD/DVD ROM
    save the tracks to your player of choice as MP3's

I asked this a while ago
    I'll be back with a link.........
    so now I'm in my SIXTIES FFS
    WTAF, how did that happen, so no more alterations to the sig, it will remain as is now

Beware of Geeks bearing GIF's
    come and waste the day :P at The Taz Zone

No no, I want to create one of these discs, I want to hide the files.

I've been ripping them for years..

i2c

What is the goal of hiding something that can be taken, like hiding the tracks, yet, still can copying them to your HDD with an MP3 player .... what is your point!

This link might help you a bit ,,,

http://www.adensoft.com/
    \"The only truly secure system is one that is powered off, cast in a block of concrete and sealed in a lead-lined room with armed guards - and even then I have my doubts\".....Spaf
    Everytime I learn a new thing, I discover how ignorant I am.- ... Black Cluster

They call me the Hunted foxyloxley's Avatar
    I know it's not what you wanted ........
    BUT
    I went looking and found it, so I'm posting the link

http://www.antionline.com/showthread...0&pagenumber=1

And me too, has to ask the question ?
    What IS the point of this ??
    so now I'm in my SIXTIES FFS
    WTAF, how did that happen, so no more alterations to the sig, it will remain as is now

Beware of Geeks bearing GIF's
    come and waste the day :P at The Taz Zone

By the way, Foxy, the best player I've used to Windows is Music Match JukeBox!
    \"The only truly secure system is one that is powered off, cast in a block of concrete and sealed in a lead-lined room with armed guards - and even then I have my doubts\".....Spaf
    Everytime I learn a new thing, I discover how ignorant I am.- ... Black Cluster

Reason is basically to hide the files.... I want to do this as I only want to show a single file on a disc, I'd like to do this basically just for "coolness" and cleaness, I can also see some more useful reason why one might want to do this as well.

It's partly an experiment and partly for something at work i'd like to release to less technically literate people.

Im just interested and havent found out what to really search for...

edit: orginally I thought that becuase ISO9660 pads the first 20 sectors with 0's that the data is in there, and it was some form of keyed system, but this wouldnt explain why it these CD's work on your $20 CD player from 9yrs ago.

I need to find a CD in my collection and have a tinker, I think the Dido ones and the ones released by the Cheeky record label use this technology (Artists include Dido and the the mosty amazing dance act in the world, Faithless)

cheers

i2c

best player I've used to Windows is Music Match JukeBox!
    turfed it and went to jetaudio
    PC Registered user # 2,336,789,457...

"When the water reaches the upper level, follow the rats."
    Claude Swanson

If anyone is interested, as we seem to have gone OT, they use the "Cactus Data Shield 200", which is proprietary so doesnt look like I'll be able to use that.

However i suppose it might be possible to Raw write a CD-r (dunno using which tools) and offset the sectors? not sure...

i2c

Make a hidden folder, put a single scrap file on the cd, burn it with the folder, folder is invisible (XP Only ??) and there you go, eveyrthing is hidden....not sure if the folder appears invisible on the CD when you change the folder icon in xp to a "blank" one and change the name of the folder to a space (alt+255) since it doesnt accept the space bar as a folder name.
    O.G at A.O