Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Forum Subscriptions

Elite Hacker

Forum Subscriptions

I just recently changed my email on this site to an email I check more often. Then I subscribed to I think 4 different forums. There have been at least a few threads and posts since I subscribed to them, and I haven't received any emails alerting me that there were new posts in either of the emails, old and new. I just sent myself an email with the email link in my profile, and it worked fine going to the email I set not long ago. So what is the problem? Why am I not alerted to new threads in the forums I subscribed to? Thanks.

Wait, don't you have to activate your account again after you change ur e-mail ? Can you receive PM's ? If not, i think you need to activate the account again ! I know i had the same problem once.
    O.G at A.O

Sorry h3r3tic...wish I could help...but...I don't subscribe to any threads, not even my own...but what you might consider if you don't like alot on your plate ( like me ) you might instead of subscribing to a thread just bookmark it in your browser and you won't have to bother checking the e-mail for it at all and you can go right to the thread and page you left.

Eg

They call me the Hunted foxyloxley's Avatar
    Odd !!
    Each time I try to reply via 'quote' on someones post, my net connection gets switched off.
    Also happening when I select the 'post reply' button.

Seems OK when I post via the 'quick reply' box

Only found it, cos I was trying to quote ©opy®ight :

I know i had the same problem once.
    So I could add ----------------> WHAT !!! Just the once

but now I can't
    so now I'm in my SIXTIES FFS
    WTAF, how did that happen, so no more alterations to the sig, it will remain as is now

Beware of Geeks bearing GIF's
    come and waste the day :P at The Taz Zone

Elite Hacker
    I have received pm's since I reset my email, and I think I had to do some sort of confirmation. I've never tried forum subscriptions until a few days before I made this post. thread subscriptions used to work fine, not sure if they do anymore as I haven't subscribed to a thread in a while. I wanted to have an email everytime there is a post in one of the programming forums because I use yahoo instant messenger a lot and it tells you when you have new mail when you sign on. I bookmark a lot of things, but I never seem to go back to them. I usually just type in the url or go to google. The point is I haven't received any emails about new threads in the forums I've subscribed to and since I'm subscribed to them I should receive emails and that is a bug .

Hi foxyloxley,

Same or similiar problem...just now trying to reply it timed out on me twice then my connection went and had to dial-up again...I was told previously that it was my modem so I really haven't tried to resolve it...maybe it's something else?

Could also be impatience on my part ( the timed outs anyways ) as I rarely wait for a page to finish loading before I start using it or go on to the next page.

Eg

Elite Hacker
    No developments on the issue? I'll attach a screenshot of something that should illustrate what I mean. Subscription does mean you receive emails when there are new posts right? Since I've subscribed to these forums I have not received one email about any posts or threads.

The yellow A next to the forum means there have been new posts to it. Both the forums with the yellow A say they have been posted to today, yet at the bottom it says there have been no new posts to my subscribed forums in the past day.

/me shrugs.

Elite Hacker
    Are you even supposed to receive an email with forum subscriptions. I just assumed you were since that is how thread subscriptions work. If you're not supposed to then what good is it?

yahoo mail sucks, have you checked the Spam folder, cause that's were mine used to go..

f2b